CREDITS Johansson was the lush-lipped star of ”Lost in Translation” and ”Girl With a Pearl Earring.”
WHY HER? Couture’s new go-to celeb (she’ll grace campaigns for Calvin Klein and Louis Vuitton) is curvaceous without the more in-your-face charms of J. Lo. ”Scarlett’s really contemporary – she looks like beauty 2004 to me – but in some ways she’s almost a throwback, what many consider a classic beauty,” says celeb stylist Vincent Boucher of her dual modern-retro allure. ”And she seems to have an air of amusement – like she’s got a nice secret or something – which people like.” SHE LOVES… Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford.
BUT WOULDN’T BE CAUGHT DEAD IN… ”All these miniskirts are a little scary,” says Johansson. ”They seem to get shorter and shorter. I saw one with built-in underwear – I just think you shouldn’t have built-in underwear in skirts.”
INSPIRATION ”’Moonstruck’ – the best movie ever! Also movies with imagination that allow me to escape my regular day, like ‘Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.”’
NEXT The Weitz brothers’ ”Synergy,” ”Mission: Impossible 3” with Tom Cruise, and Brian De Palma’s adaptation of James Ellroy’s ”The Black Dahlia,” costarring Mark Wahlberg.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?