CREDITS Johansson was the lush-lipped star of ”Lost in Translation” and ”Girl With a Pearl Earring.”
WHY HER? Couture’s new go-to celeb (she’ll grace campaigns for Calvin Klein and Louis Vuitton) is curvaceous without the more in-your-face charms of J. Lo. ”Scarlett’s really contemporary – she looks like beauty 2004 to me – but in some ways she’s almost a throwback, what many consider a classic beauty,” says celeb stylist Vincent Boucher of her dual modern-retro allure. ”And she seems to have an air of amusement – like she’s got a nice secret or something – which people like.” SHE LOVES… Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford.
BUT WOULDN’T BE CAUGHT DEAD IN… ”All these miniskirts are a little scary,” says Johansson. ”They seem to get shorter and shorter. I saw one with built-in underwear – I just think you shouldn’t have built-in underwear in skirts.”
INSPIRATION ”’Moonstruck’ – the best movie ever! Also movies with imagination that allow me to escape my regular day, like ‘Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.”’
NEXT The Weitz brothers’ ”Synergy,” ”Mission: Impossible 3” with Tom Cruise, and Brian De Palma’s adaptation of James Ellroy’s ”The Black Dahlia,” costarring Mark Wahlberg.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Everybody Loves Raymond' reunion set for ATX Fest in 2016
- Kurt Russell rides again in the cannibal-western 'Bone Tomahawk'
- Snapchat original programming channel 'winding down'
- Beach House stream three songs from surprise album
- Tim McGraw drops video for 'Damn Country Music'
- 'Grandfathered' star Josh Peck talks possible 'Drake & Josh' reunion
- Quentin Tarantino to release two cuts of 'The Hateful Eight'
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6