Remember back in 2001 when a mail scare made the band Anthrax suddenly seem oh-so-unfortunately named? A similar misfortune may have befallen Polish death-metal band Decapitated, who just canceled their U.S. summer tour. Their label, Earache, says the decision was partly a matter of taste. ”We’ve received e-mails from people… connecting the band’s name to [Nick Berg’s] murder in Iraq,” says a rep. But the band’s U.S. agent, John Finberg, claims the real reason for the plug pull is money. ”It had nothing to do with decapitation in Iraq,” he insists. ”The label and the band had disagreements about funding the tour.” Either way, this can’t be good news for the band slated to open for Decapitated: Cattle Decapitation.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Channing Tatum is (still) doing the 'Gambit' movie
- Simon Pegg ranks all the 'Star Wars' films in 60 seconds
- 'Sherlock' producer on how Victorian special changes Holmes and Watson
- 'Downton Abbey' final season gets U.S. premiere date
- Snoop Dog stopped at Italian airport with $422,000 in cash
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s family, friends gather to attend her funeral
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Ian McShane in season 6 mystery role
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!