Remember back in 2001 when a mail scare made the band Anthrax suddenly seem oh-so-unfortunately named? A similar misfortune may have befallen Polish death-metal band Decapitated, who just canceled their U.S. summer tour. Their label, Earache, says the decision was partly a matter of taste. ”We’ve received e-mails from people… connecting the band’s name to [Nick Berg’s] murder in Iraq,” says a rep. But the band’s U.S. agent, John Finberg, claims the real reason for the plug pull is money. ”It had nothing to do with decapitation in Iraq,” he insists. ”The label and the band had disagreements about funding the tour.” Either way, this can’t be good news for the band slated to open for Decapitated: Cattle Decapitation.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jon Hamm introduces a montage of Jon Stewart's most memorable musical moments
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ off TV Land schedule
- Fox News says Kendrick Lamar's BET performance incites violence
- Amy Schumer talked to Jon Stewart about 'The Daily Show' before saying no
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!