Remember back in 2001 when a mail scare made the band Anthrax suddenly seem oh-so-unfortunately named? A similar misfortune may have befallen Polish death-metal band Decapitated, who just canceled their U.S. summer tour. Their label, Earache, says the decision was partly a matter of taste. ”We’ve received e-mails from people… connecting the band’s name to [Nick Berg’s] murder in Iraq,” says a rep. But the band’s U.S. agent, John Finberg, claims the real reason for the plug pull is money. ”It had nothing to do with decapitation in Iraq,” he insists. ”The label and the band had disagreements about funding the tour.” Either way, this can’t be good news for the band slated to open for Decapitated: Cattle Decapitation.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- Director John Carpenter pays tribute to the late Wes Craven
- Read Kanye West's epic VMAs speech in full
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!