Remember back in 2001 when a mail scare made the band Anthrax suddenly seem oh-so-unfortunately named? A similar misfortune may have befallen Polish death-metal band Decapitated, who just canceled their U.S. summer tour. Their label, Earache, says the decision was partly a matter of taste. ”We’ve received e-mails from people… connecting the band’s name to [Nick Berg’s] murder in Iraq,” says a rep. But the band’s U.S. agent, John Finberg, claims the real reason for the plug pull is money. ”It had nothing to do with decapitation in Iraq,” he insists. ”The label and the band had disagreements about funding the tour.” Either way, this can’t be good news for the band slated to open for Decapitated: Cattle Decapitation.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star teases Amelia's struggle with getting pregnant
- Alden Ehrenreich on playing young Han Solo: 'It's been so surreal'
- WATCH: Gizmo and the Gremlins are newest additions to 'Lego Dimensions'
- WATCH: New 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' Trailer — Exclusive
- Moby explains why he ‘doesn’t ever want to tour again'
- Pussy Riot slam Trump in brutal new song, 'Make America Great Again'
- Donald Trump slams Hillary Clinton for attending Adele concert
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers