MUSTWORTHINESS How many other DJs have the sonic brilliance to produce a killer hip-hop disc (”Ghetto Pop Life,” featuring Brooklyn’s MC Jemini) and a freaky underground sensation (”The Grey Album,” a madcap fusion of the Beatles’ ”White Album” and Jay-Z’s ”The Black Album”), and still have the sense of humor to rock shows in a mouse costume?
BECOMING A MOUSEKETEER ”When I was doing the DJ name thing, I was like, Okay: BBC cartoon character, cool name, not too serious, most people will have no idea.”
ON HIS MUST LIST ”I’m a huge Woody Allen fan. And I’m always listening to a ton of stuff in the hip-hop world – but it’s like naming your friends, you are always going to forget one.”
WORST JOB ”Lessee…I was a lifeguard in a really bad neighborhood in Decatur, Georgia. Little kids running around telling you the rules they were going to break and you’d just be like, ‘Okay!’ ‘Cause if you didn’t they’d be like, ‘I’ll go back to my house and git my s – -‘right now!”’
NEXT A project for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim with MF Doom; touring with Lollapalooza.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Adele's '25' surges past 3 million in sales in the U.S.
- Hear Adele's '25' as a four-minute mash-up because you deserve it
- Chris Martin debuts new Coldplay track 'Everglow,' feat. Gwyneth Paltrow
- What EW staffers are thankful for this year
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'