MUSTWORTHINESS How many other DJs have the sonic brilliance to produce a killer hip-hop disc (”Ghetto Pop Life,” featuring Brooklyn’s MC Jemini) and a freaky underground sensation (”The Grey Album,” a madcap fusion of the Beatles’ ”White Album” and Jay-Z’s ”The Black Album”), and still have the sense of humor to rock shows in a mouse costume?
BECOMING A MOUSEKETEER ”When I was doing the DJ name thing, I was like, Okay: BBC cartoon character, cool name, not too serious, most people will have no idea.”
ON HIS MUST LIST ”I’m a huge Woody Allen fan. And I’m always listening to a ton of stuff in the hip-hop world – but it’s like naming your friends, you are always going to forget one.”
WORST JOB ”Lessee…I was a lifeguard in a really bad neighborhood in Decatur, Georgia. Little kids running around telling you the rules they were going to break and you’d just be like, ‘Okay!’ ‘Cause if you didn’t they’d be like, ‘I’ll go back to my house and git my s – -‘right now!”’
NEXT A project for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim with MF Doom; touring with Lollapalooza.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jewel announces new album
- Vicious Brothers to direct script by writer of 'You're Next,' 'The Guest'
- Check out behind-the-scenes footage from 'Bad Blood' music video
- New Spider-Man comic will focus on young Peter Parker
- TIFF announces all-star lineup for 2015
- Michael Jackson's white glove is up for auction for $20,000
- How one comic book is tackling female sexuality in totally new ways
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!