MUSTWORTHINESS How many other DJs have the sonic brilliance to produce a killer hip-hop disc (”Ghetto Pop Life,” featuring Brooklyn’s MC Jemini) and a freaky underground sensation (”The Grey Album,” a madcap fusion of the Beatles’ ”White Album” and Jay-Z’s ”The Black Album”), and still have the sense of humor to rock shows in a mouse costume?
BECOMING A MOUSEKETEER ”When I was doing the DJ name thing, I was like, Okay: BBC cartoon character, cool name, not too serious, most people will have no idea.”
ON HIS MUST LIST ”I’m a huge Woody Allen fan. And I’m always listening to a ton of stuff in the hip-hop world – but it’s like naming your friends, you are always going to forget one.”
WORST JOB ”Lessee…I was a lifeguard in a really bad neighborhood in Decatur, Georgia. Little kids running around telling you the rules they were going to break and you’d just be like, ‘Okay!’ ‘Cause if you didn’t they’d be like, ‘I’ll go back to my house and git my s – -‘right now!”’
NEXT A project for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim with MF Doom; touring with Lollapalooza.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!