MUSTWORTHINESS Because – apologies to Bill Murray – he’s emerged as everyone’s favorite ”SNL” alum. After breaking out as a box office star in 2003, Ferrell is one busy elf, with – count ‘em – eight films in the works, including the upcoming ’70s-era news comedy ”Anchorman” and a big-screen ”Bewitched” remake, in which he’ll play Darrin to Nicole Kidman’s Samantha.
QUICK QUIZ: CAN HE TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEWITCHED’S TWO DARRINS? ”Oh, completely, yeah.”
PREFERENCE? ”I was definitely more…I started watching it…Dick Sargent was the second one, right?”
UM… ”Well, anyway, I’m more of the second guy. I’m the second guy’s era.”
ALL-TIME COMEDY HEROES ”Dick York. And Dick Sargent.”
GET THIS MAN SOME EVIAN! ”I can’t tell jokes, really. I can never remember them. There was a brief time I did stand-up…. I remember bombing so hard that all the moisture left my mouth and my tongue kept sticking to the roof of my mouth, to the point where it became like a speech impediment thing. But you can’t stop your show and say, ‘By the way, I don’t really talk like this. My tongue is sticking to the roof of my mouth.”’
NEXT ”Anchorman” (July 9) and ”Bewitched” (July 8, 2005). Plus: Woody Allen’s ”Melinda and Melinda,” the soccer comedy ”Kicking & Screaming,” the drama ”Winter Passing,” the dramedy ”The Wendell Baker Story,” the ”Curious George” movie (voicing the Man in the Yellow Hat), and the film adaptation of Broadway’s ”The Producers” (as ninny Nazi Franz Liebkind).
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant