On ”Alias,” she opened her own restaurant and became an ass-kicking evil twin before dying (apparently) early this past season. And now Merrin Dungey – a.k.a. Sydney Bristow’s roommate, Francie – has gone on to a sunnier place: The WB’s sweet beachside soap, ”Summerland.” She plays Susannah, fashion-business partner and housemate to Lori Loughlin’s Ava, a designer who raises her niece and nephews after her sister passes away. ”On ‘Alias’ you’d get the scripts and be like, `Am I going to die?”’ says Dungey. ”This is like, `What am I wearing?”’ The 32-year-old actress joined ”Summerland” after a grueling year of ”Alias”’ hand-to-hand combat; she trained hard even though she knew her character’s days were numbered. ”If you start out bad on ‘Alias,’ you can set up some real estate,” says Dungey. ”If you turn bad, you’ve got some comeuppance coming. You better start looking for a new home.” Luckily, she found one where those martial-arts workouts don’t go to waste: ”I did train again for ‘Summerland’ because – hello – bikinis!”
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings, James Corden wears meat dress
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop