NAME Stuart Cove
MUSTWORTHINESS With more than 100 films and commercials on his resume, Cove, who lives in the Bahamas, is one of the world’s most sought-after shark whisperers. But no gig has tested his skills more than ”Open Water,” the low-budget horror flick that sparked a feeding frenzy at this year’s Sundance. Dubbed ”’Jaws’ meets ‘The Blair Witch Project,”’ the movie stars Blanchard Ryan and Daniel Travis as vacationers who get stranded in shark-infested waters. There were no computer-generated special effects – just 30-odd Caribbean reef sharks.
SURVIVING A SHARK ATTACK ”Stay still. Don’t grab the sharks. If they bump into you, don’t push them away.”
SHARKS THAT SCARE HIM MOST ”There are probably more sharks in the movie business than there are in the ocean.”
NEXT ”Open Water” hits theaters Aug. 6.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
NAME Stuart Cove
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!