For Drakeophiles, the ground-shaking news here is the unearthed ”Tow the Line,” a threatening-clouds folk-blues that’s of a piece with this cult icon’s other final recordings. The iffy news is that about half of the still-available ”Time of No Reply” rarities set are also here. The additions – like two songs with newly dubbed-on strings – are a tad suspect. But the ageless, mythopoetic elegance of Drake’s craft shines through, even if we truly have heard some of this before.
Made to Love Magic For Drakeophiles, the ground-shaking news here is the unearthed ''Tow the Line,'' a threatening-clouds folk-blues that's of a piece with this cult...Made to Love Magic For Drakeophiles, the ground-shaking news here is the unearthed ''Tow the Line,'' a threatening-clouds folk-blues that's of a piece with this cult...2004-06-25
Lead Performer: Nick Drake; Producer (group): Island
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rep. John Lewis crowd surfs in 'Late Show' appearance
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- What if Zack Snyder directed classic literature adaptations?
- Jim Gaffigan, Olivia Thirlby join political thriller 'Chappaquiddick'
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall