MUSTWORTHINESS The Cure, whose moody grooves brightened many Goths’ dark days in the ’80s, are hitting the road with contemporary kindred spirits like Interpol and the Rapture (plus such underground all-stars as Melissa Auf der Maur) for the Curiosa Festival.
WHY TO SEE ALL 18 TOUR DATES If you catch more than one show (the tour kicks off July 24), don’t expect any repeat performances. ”We tend to draw from about 75 to 100 songs,” says singer Robert Smith. ”And I generally write the set list 15 minutes before we go on.”
NEXT A new album, ”The Cure,” drops June 29.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See first full trailer of Oscar Isacc's new HBO miniseries
- Carla Gugino joins Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies'
- Holly Black signs new YA trilogy deal
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' gets an 80's-themed intro
- Here's a mash-up of the 'Seinfeld' theme and Radiohead
- Jurors decide to consider death penalty in James Holmes case
- Ronda Rousey to star in film adaptation of her autobiography