MUSTWORTHINESS The Cure, whose moody grooves brightened many Goths’ dark days in the ’80s, are hitting the road with contemporary kindred spirits like Interpol and the Rapture (plus such underground all-stars as Melissa Auf der Maur) for the Curiosa Festival.
WHY TO SEE ALL 18 TOUR DATES If you catch more than one show (the tour kicks off July 24), don’t expect any repeat performances. ”We tend to draw from about 75 to 100 songs,” says singer Robert Smith. ”And I generally write the set list 15 minutes before we go on.”
NEXT A new album, ”The Cure,” drops June 29.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Frank Ocean's 'Blonde' debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200
- 'Ghostbusters' VFX breakdown shows how ghosts are made
- New 'Miss Peregrine's' featurette celebrates film's female characters
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' director says Chris Pratt suggested Kurt Russell
- Tom Hiddleston performs dramatic reading of 'The Night Manager' book
- 'Walking Dead' producer says NBC wanted 'zombie crime' procedural
- Watch Lady Gaga join Tame Impala on stage at FYF Fest