MUSTWORTHINESS The Cure, whose moody grooves brightened many Goths’ dark days in the ’80s, are hitting the road with contemporary kindred spirits like Interpol and the Rapture (plus such underground all-stars as Melissa Auf der Maur) for the Curiosa Festival.
WHY TO SEE ALL 18 TOUR DATES If you catch more than one show (the tour kicks off July 24), don’t expect any repeat performances. ”We tend to draw from about 75 to 100 songs,” says singer Robert Smith. ”And I generally write the set list 15 minutes before we go on.”
NEXT A new album, ”The Cure,” drops June 29.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dakota Johnson hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!