MUSTWORTHINESS The Cure, whose moody grooves brightened many Goths’ dark days in the ’80s, are hitting the road with contemporary kindred spirits like Interpol and the Rapture (plus such underground all-stars as Melissa Auf der Maur) for the Curiosa Festival.
WHY TO SEE ALL 18 TOUR DATES If you catch more than one show (the tour kicks off July 24), don’t expect any repeat performances. ”We tend to draw from about 75 to 100 songs,” says singer Robert Smith. ”And I generally write the set list 15 minutes before we go on.”
NEXT A new album, ”The Cure,” drops June 29.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!