MUSTWORTHINESS A one-woman powerhouse in ”Golda’s Balcony,” she portrays Israeli prime minister Meir – and 38 other characters – during the 1973 Yom Kippur War. ”As long as I’m going to be a Jewish mother,” she says, ”why be a local Jew? Go global.” The role earned her the fourth Tony nomination of her 30-year career.
PLAY IT AGAIN, TOVAH ”I started as a classical pianist but I got too lonely. So I switched to plays.”
1972: A MIDSUMMER NIGHTMARE Feldshuh was a fairy in Shakespeare’s ”Dream” at Minneapolis’ Guthrie Theater. ”The director said, ‘Why bother being an actor? Why don’t you just become an accountant?’ My heart stopped.”
1973: A BROADWAY BOW In the musical ”Cyrano,” ”I had one scene alone with Christopher Plummer where he kissed my hand. To this day, when he sees me, he still kisses my hand.”
ON HER MUST LIST To star in a TV series in New York City, write a biopic of Washington Post editor Katharine Graham, and, of course, tackle great stage roles like ”Virginia Woolf, Cleopatra, even Saint Joan.”
AMEN, SISTER! ”I’m little, I’m fierce, and I’ve had no plastic surgery.”
NEXT More ”Golda’s Balcony.”
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!