MUSTWORTHINESS His debut collection, ”The Hidden Model” (Northwestern University Press), features accessible poetry (rhyme!), including an ode to chef Julia Child’s breasts (okay, the chicken kind: ”…your white meat drives me wild/dear circummortal chef, sweet Julia Child”), laced with classical allusions.
HIS AIM ”To write something I could read again in 10 years without gagging. The same for the reader.”
WORST JOB ”Cold-call telemarketing for skin-care products while struggling as an actor in New York.”
NEXT ”An opera libretto about W.H. Auden, set in his cramped apartment on New York’s St. Mark’s Place.” Johnny Depp, call your agent!
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Bieber walks off stage after asking fans to stop screaming
- Kings of Leon nab first No. 1 album with 'Walls'
- John Oliver offers Trump Emmy in return for accepting election results
- What to Watch Monday: Lynda Carter meets 'Supergirl'
- 'The Walking Dead' producers explain that crazy cliffhanger resolution
- 'The Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz reflects on Abraham's big moment
- 'The Walking Dead': Steven Yeun weighs in on Glenn's fate