MUSTWORTHINESS His debut collection, ”The Hidden Model” (Northwestern University Press), features accessible poetry (rhyme!), including an ode to chef Julia Child’s breasts (okay, the chicken kind: ”…your white meat drives me wild/dear circummortal chef, sweet Julia Child”), laced with classical allusions.
HIS AIM ”To write something I could read again in 10 years without gagging. The same for the reader.”
WORST JOB ”Cold-call telemarketing for skin-care products while struggling as an actor in New York.”
NEXT ”An opera libretto about W.H. Auden, set in his cramped apartment on New York’s St. Mark’s Place.” Johnny Depp, call your agent!
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How well do you know 'Back to the Future'?
- Harry Styles interview about One Direction tour, Zayn Malik
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': 4 new photos and director's dish
- What critics thought of 'Back to the Future' 30 years ago
- Jon Stewart rips into Donald Trump defenders
- Kendrick Lamar hits back at Geraldo Rivera after BET Awards criticism
- Meghan Trainor postpones two shows