MUSTWORTHINESS His debut collection, ”The Hidden Model” (Northwestern University Press), features accessible poetry (rhyme!), including an ode to chef Julia Child’s breasts (okay, the chicken kind: ”…your white meat drives me wild/dear circummortal chef, sweet Julia Child”), laced with classical allusions.
HIS AIM ”To write something I could read again in 10 years without gagging. The same for the reader.”
WORST JOB ”Cold-call telemarketing for skin-care products while struggling as an actor in New York.”
NEXT ”An opera libretto about W.H. Auden, set in his cramped apartment on New York’s St. Mark’s Place.” Johnny Depp, call your agent!
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Motörhead cancel three shows following guitarist Phil Campbell's hospitalization
- See Joseph Gordon-Levitt sing 'Fly Me to the Moon' with Miss Piggy
- J.J. Abrams' favorite 'Star Wars' fan theory is...
- 'Anomalisa' featurette highlights patience and precision of stop-motion magic
- Tyrese Gibson on second anniversary of Paul Walker's death
- 'Scream Queens' star Niecy Nash talks Steve Nash, Barack Obama, and CVS coupons
- Keith Richards thinks 'Mick Jagger had nothing to say' on solo records