MUSTWORTHINESS His debut collection, ”The Hidden Model” (Northwestern University Press), features accessible poetry (rhyme!), including an ode to chef Julia Child’s breasts (okay, the chicken kind: ”…your white meat drives me wild/dear circummortal chef, sweet Julia Child”), laced with classical allusions.
HIS AIM ”To write something I could read again in 10 years without gagging. The same for the reader.”
WORST JOB ”Cold-call telemarketing for skin-care products while struggling as an actor in New York.”
NEXT ”An opera libretto about W.H. Auden, set in his cramped apartment on New York’s St. Mark’s Place.” Johnny Depp, call your agent!
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead' S2 to feature 'worst onscreen death in history'
- Andy Grammer on writing for his third album: 'I'm having a blast'
- James Gunn says Star-Lord's dad in 'GOTG 2' isn't a spoiler
- 'Star Trek Beyond': Why Chris Pine feels like Captain Kirk
- 'Crazy, Stupid, Love.' director on Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone's chemistry
- Sophia Amoruso announces 'NASTY GALAXY' book tour
- Vic Mensa reveals stories behind his most fiery rhymes