MUSTWORTHINESS His debut collection, ”The Hidden Model” (Northwestern University Press), features accessible poetry (rhyme!), including an ode to chef Julia Child’s breasts (okay, the chicken kind: ”…your white meat drives me wild/dear circummortal chef, sweet Julia Child”), laced with classical allusions.
HIS AIM ”To write something I could read again in 10 years without gagging. The same for the reader.”
WORST JOB ”Cold-call telemarketing for skin-care products while struggling as an actor in New York.”
NEXT ”An opera libretto about W.H. Auden, set in his cramped apartment on New York’s St. Mark’s Place.” Johnny Depp, call your agent!
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kim Kardashian clarifies she'll vote Hillary over Trump
- 'Monty Python's Michael Palin comments on costar Terry Jones' dementia
- 'Thor: Ragnarok' adds 'Jurassic Park' star Sam Neill
- Tracey Ullman channels Judi Dench, Maggie Smith for upcoming HBO series
- 'MacGyver' reboot crushes 'Exorcist' revival in ratings
- Terrence Malick to make rare public appearance
- Bill Nunn, 'Do the Right Thing' and 'Sister Act' Actor, Dies at 62