MUSTWORTHINESS His debut collection, ”The Hidden Model” (Northwestern University Press), features accessible poetry (rhyme!), including an ode to chef Julia Child’s breasts (okay, the chicken kind: ”…your white meat drives me wild/dear circummortal chef, sweet Julia Child”), laced with classical allusions.
HIS AIM ”To write something I could read again in 10 years without gagging. The same for the reader.”
WORST JOB ”Cold-call telemarketing for skin-care products while struggling as an actor in New York.”
NEXT ”An opera libretto about W.H. Auden, set in his cramped apartment on New York’s St. Mark’s Place.” Johnny Depp, call your agent!
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- LAPD: No evidence of crime in Amber Heard abuse claim against Johnny Depp
- Former 'Glee' star Mark Salling formally charged in child porn case
- John Cena, WWE Superstars honor U.S. military in Memorial Day tribute
- Mel Brooks was 'ready to jump off a roof' over 'Solarbabies' fiasco
- WATCH: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' stars build their ideal mutant garage band
- James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' casts Rosa Salazar as lead
- WATCH: Dierks Bentley on what influenced new album 'Black'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers