MUSTWORTHINESS The Grammy-nominated rocker has followed her most accessible (and lauded) album – 2000’s ”Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea” – with jagged, edgy winner ”Uh Huh Her,” which she wrote, performed, and produced nearly single-handedly. ”The curiosity of digging into what makes human beings feel like they do…interests me more than anything,” she says.
POLLY JEAN, PUPPET MASTER The singer, who attended art school in London, says that when she was a kid she would write plays for her puppets. ”I’m a person that has to create things,” she says. ”I’ve always been like that – even as a child.”
ON HER MUST LIST William Kentridge, a South African whose drawings and animation reflect on apartheid and colonialism. His recent exhibition in Los Angeles was ”the last thing that took my breath away, which is always what I’m looking for.”
KEEPING THE FAITHFULL Harvey’s been working with craggy-voiced singer Marianne Faithfull on the latter’s next album. ”It was quite nice,” says Harvey, ”because I wrote pieces that I longed to hear her voice over – some quite rocky, quite rough, dark music.”
NEXT Summer festivals, Lollapalooza, and then a world tour starting in September.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!