MUSTWORTHINESS She could have spent the rest of her career portraying adorable fashionistas – see ”Sweet Home Alabama” and ”Legally Blonde”. Instead, Witherspoon will star as 19th-century temptress Becky Sharp in Mira Nair’s very original adaptation of the Thackeray classic ”Vanity Fair.” As for summer vacation: She’s spending it in her native Tennessee, playing beloved crooner June Carter Cash in the Johnny Cash biopic ”Walk the Line.”
ON HER MUST LIST ”I always, always wanted to be Dolly Parton ever since I was 6 years old.”
ATTENTION, CASTING AGENTS ”I’m desperate to do a scary movie. I watched ‘Seven’ over and over. I love M. Night Shyamalan. I’m so excited to see ‘The Village.”’ (So are we; see No. 102.) ”I just love to be scared. For me that’s the only time I can really forget I’m watching a movie.”
NEXT ”Vanity Fair” opens Sept. 1.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Authors tweet hilarious advice on what NOT to say to a writer
- Jaden Smith roams Italy in 'Scarface' video
- 'Mythbusters' to revisit famous 'Jaws' stunt
- New 'Bourne' film recruits Tommy Lee Jones
- Bryan Cranston and Helen Mirren tangle in new photo from 'Trumbo'
- Meet the four real-life Jerry Maguires on 'The Agent' — EXCLUSIVE
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!