MUSTWORTHINESS She could have spent the rest of her career portraying adorable fashionistas – see ”Sweet Home Alabama” and ”Legally Blonde”. Instead, Witherspoon will star as 19th-century temptress Becky Sharp in Mira Nair’s very original adaptation of the Thackeray classic ”Vanity Fair.” As for summer vacation: She’s spending it in her native Tennessee, playing beloved crooner June Carter Cash in the Johnny Cash biopic ”Walk the Line.”
ON HER MUST LIST ”I always, always wanted to be Dolly Parton ever since I was 6 years old.”
ATTENTION, CASTING AGENTS ”I’m desperate to do a scary movie. I watched ‘Seven’ over and over. I love M. Night Shyamalan. I’m so excited to see ‘The Village.”’ (So are we; see No. 102.) ”I just love to be scared. For me that’s the only time I can really forget I’m watching a movie.”
NEXT ”Vanity Fair” opens Sept. 1.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum