If you haven’t had the pleasure of reading a Stephanie Plum mystery, this is not the place to start. While all the players that have earned Evanovich’s series a legion of fans dutifully hit their marks – from wisecracking, bumbling Trenton bond enforcement agent Plum to opinionated Grandma Mazur to hunka-hunka Italian cop Joe Morelli – the novel seems a little rote. The 10th Plum mystery in as many years, ”Ten Big Ones” clearly suffers from book-a-year syndrome. This time, Plum inadvertently witnesses a convenience-store robbery perpetrated by a murderous gang member wearing a devil mask and becomes a target when she helps track him down. The cantankerous nature of America’s nuttiest bounty hunter still beguiles, but the plot is thin and what’s supposed to pass for funny, doesn’t.
Ten Big Ones If you haven't had the pleasure of reading a Stephanie Plum mystery, this is not the place to start. While all the players that have earned Evanovich...Ten Big OnesFictionJanet Evanovich If you haven't had the pleasure of reading a Stephanie Plum mystery, this is not the place to start. While all the players that have earned Evanovich...2004-06-25
Genre: Fiction; Author: Janet Evanovich
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Weeknd brings Kanye West to his feet with 'Can't Feel My Face' at VMAs
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis take the VMAs 'Downtown'
- Miley Cyrus opens the 2015 VMAs with Instagram lessons
- Amber Rose and Blac Chyna challenged all the haters with their VMAs outfits
- Nicki Minaj brings out Taylor Swift to open the 2015 MTV VMAs
- Taylor Swift debuts 'Wildest Dreams' music video before the VMAs
- Nick Jonas crushes the VMA red carpet with 'Levels' performance
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!