If you haven’t had the pleasure of reading a Stephanie Plum mystery, this is not the place to start. While all the players that have earned Evanovich’s series a legion of fans dutifully hit their marks – from wisecracking, bumbling Trenton bond enforcement agent Plum to opinionated Grandma Mazur to hunka-hunka Italian cop Joe Morelli – the novel seems a little rote. The 10th Plum mystery in as many years, ”Ten Big Ones” clearly suffers from book-a-year syndrome. This time, Plum inadvertently witnesses a convenience-store robbery perpetrated by a murderous gang member wearing a devil mask and becomes a target when she helps track him down. The cantankerous nature of America’s nuttiest bounty hunter still beguiles, but the plot is thin and what’s supposed to pass for funny, doesn’t.
Ten Big Ones If you haven't had the pleasure of reading a Stephanie Plum mystery, this is not the place to start. While all the players that have earned Evanovich...Ten Big OnesFictionJanet Evanovich If you haven't had the pleasure of reading a Stephanie Plum mystery, this is not the place to start. While all the players that have earned Evanovich...2004-06-25
Genre: Fiction; Author: Janet Evanovich
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Law & Order: SVU' welcomes back familiar faces
- 'Arrow,' 'Flash' producer Greg Berlanti to helm 'Infinite Horizon' comic adaptation
- 'The D Train' co-directors share secrets on THAT Jack Black, James Marsden scene
- Joni Mitchell's friend appointed her temporary conservator
- Reese Witherspoon launches lifestyle site Draper James
- Drake stunts on remix of Fetty Wap cut 'My Way'
- Miguel faces lawsuit from victim of his failed Billboard Music Awards leap
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!