MUSTWORTHINESS ”Now Here Is Nowhere,” the major-label debut from the New York City-by-way-of-Dallas trio – which includes Brandon Curtis (lead singer, keyboard, bass), Benjamin Curtis (guitar), and Josh Garza (drums) – sounds like a mad-scientist mash-up of Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and My Bloody Valentine.
FLASH DANCE ”The blinking lights in the ‘Sad and Lonely’ video are programmed lights that [are] flashing phrases and song lyrics in braille,” says 32-year-old frontman Brandon. ”It looks really cool – kind of like the ‘Close Encounters’ thing…. No girls in bikinis, though, so you’ll never see us on ‘TRL.’ ”
CAREER HIGH ”We just played this great place in Cincinnati,” says Brandon. ”It’s an old iron factory – turned – art gallery. We played in this big, cavernous room that captured all this reverb…. It was brutally loud.”
NEXT The band plans to headline several U.S. dates through the end of July.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Thor: Ragnarok' wraps production
- The 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' tweet crossover you need to see
- 'Peanuts' meets 'Stranger Things' in clever mash-up video
- 'Girl Meets World': Eric Matthews is running for president
- 'Fantastic Beasts': Peek inside NYC’s magical speakeasy, the Blind Pig
- Kanye West shares Kim Kardashian's adorable birthday video during show
- Hillary Clinton to join Jennifer Lopez at her Miami concert