MUSTWORTHINESS ”Now Here Is Nowhere,” the major-label debut from the New York City-by-way-of-Dallas trio – which includes Brandon Curtis (lead singer, keyboard, bass), Benjamin Curtis (guitar), and Josh Garza (drums) – sounds like a mad-scientist mash-up of Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and My Bloody Valentine.
FLASH DANCE ”The blinking lights in the ‘Sad and Lonely’ video are programmed lights that [are] flashing phrases and song lyrics in braille,” says 32-year-old frontman Brandon. ”It looks really cool – kind of like the ‘Close Encounters’ thing…. No girls in bikinis, though, so you’ll never see us on ‘TRL.’ ”
CAREER HIGH ”We just played this great place in Cincinnati,” says Brandon. ”It’s an old iron factory – turned – art gallery. We played in this big, cavernous room that captured all this reverb…. It was brutally loud.”
NEXT The band plans to headline several U.S. dates through the end of July.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Happy Valentine's Day! Read highlights from Aziz Ansari's 'Modern Romance'
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner previews introduction of the Hilltop
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here