MUSTWORTHINESS ”Now Here Is Nowhere,” the major-label debut from the New York City-by-way-of-Dallas trio – which includes Brandon Curtis (lead singer, keyboard, bass), Benjamin Curtis (guitar), and Josh Garza (drums) – sounds like a mad-scientist mash-up of Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and My Bloody Valentine.
FLASH DANCE ”The blinking lights in the ‘Sad and Lonely’ video are programmed lights that [are] flashing phrases and song lyrics in braille,” says 32-year-old frontman Brandon. ”It looks really cool – kind of like the ‘Close Encounters’ thing…. No girls in bikinis, though, so you’ll never see us on ‘TRL.’ ”
CAREER HIGH ”We just played this great place in Cincinnati,” says Brandon. ”It’s an old iron factory – turned – art gallery. We played in this big, cavernous room that captured all this reverb…. It was brutally loud.”
NEXT The band plans to headline several U.S. dates through the end of July.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!