MUSTWORTHINESS ”Now Here Is Nowhere,” the major-label debut from the New York City-by-way-of-Dallas trio – which includes Brandon Curtis (lead singer, keyboard, bass), Benjamin Curtis (guitar), and Josh Garza (drums) – sounds like a mad-scientist mash-up of Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and My Bloody Valentine.
FLASH DANCE ”The blinking lights in the ‘Sad and Lonely’ video are programmed lights that [are] flashing phrases and song lyrics in braille,” says 32-year-old frontman Brandon. ”It looks really cool – kind of like the ‘Close Encounters’ thing…. No girls in bikinis, though, so you’ll never see us on ‘TRL.’ ”
CAREER HIGH ”We just played this great place in Cincinnati,” says Brandon. ”It’s an old iron factory – turned – art gallery. We played in this big, cavernous room that captured all this reverb…. It was brutally loud.”
NEXT The band plans to headline several U.S. dates through the end of July.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Be a nosy neighbor with Led Zeppelin's new, interactive 'Trampled Under Foot' video
- Selena's sister opens up 20 years after the singer's death
- Dancing with the Stars celeb blog: Robert Herjavec on the rumba, spray tan and his very special guest
- Check out a preview of David Duchovny's solo album, 'Hell or Highwater'
- 'New Girl' renewed for season 5
- iLoveMakonnen drops new mixtape 'Drink More Water 5'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' player Shirin tells all
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!