MUSTWORTHINESS ”Now Here Is Nowhere,” the major-label debut from the New York City-by-way-of-Dallas trio – which includes Brandon Curtis (lead singer, keyboard, bass), Benjamin Curtis (guitar), and Josh Garza (drums) – sounds like a mad-scientist mash-up of Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and My Bloody Valentine.
FLASH DANCE ”The blinking lights in the ‘Sad and Lonely’ video are programmed lights that [are] flashing phrases and song lyrics in braille,” says 32-year-old frontman Brandon. ”It looks really cool – kind of like the ‘Close Encounters’ thing…. No girls in bikinis, though, so you’ll never see us on ‘TRL.’ ”
CAREER HIGH ”We just played this great place in Cincinnati,” says Brandon. ”It’s an old iron factory – turned – art gallery. We played in this big, cavernous room that captured all this reverb…. It was brutally loud.”
NEXT The band plans to headline several U.S. dates through the end of July.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to an exclusive clip from Paolo Bacigalupi's 'The Water Knife'
- Broadway’s 'King Charles III' casts Prince William, Harry, Kate
- 'Walking Dead' actor would love to play Spider-Man
- Hulk Hogan talks possible villain role in 'Expendables 4'
- Charter/Time Warner deal will affect 1 in 6 households
- Documentary to explore George Miller's attempted 'Justice League' movie
- 'Grace of Monaco' screenwriter live tweets Lifetime premiere
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!