A mind is a terrible thing to waste. So is a TV show as offbeat and honest as ”Undeclared,” brainchild of ”Freaks and Geeks” executive producer Judd Apatow. Fox flunked the campus comedy after just 17 episodes, but now those kooky freshmen will crack wise again on DVD. While no official date has been set, Shout! Factory has decided to release the ”Undeclared” disc based on ”Freaks and Geeks”’ success story: Fans of that dearly departed series lobbied online for its release – and got their wish April 6. Just think: more sardonic commentary from beer guzzler Ron. More navel gazing from drama stud(ent) Lloyd. More whacked-out cameos from the likes of Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller. And Apatow is armed with an arsenal of extras: ”every deleted scene, blooper, audition,” as well as uncut, improvised riffs from Loudon Wainwright III, who played not-so-gay divorce Hal, and former Freak Jason Segel (Eric, the obsessive ex).
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel