A mind is a terrible thing to waste. So is a TV show as offbeat and honest as ”Undeclared,” brainchild of ”Freaks and Geeks” executive producer Judd Apatow. Fox flunked the campus comedy after just 17 episodes, but now those kooky freshmen will crack wise again on DVD. While no official date has been set, Shout! Factory has decided to release the ”Undeclared” disc based on ”Freaks and Geeks”’ success story: Fans of that dearly departed series lobbied online for its release – and got their wish April 6. Just think: more sardonic commentary from beer guzzler Ron. More navel gazing from drama stud(ent) Lloyd. More whacked-out cameos from the likes of Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller. And Apatow is armed with an arsenal of extras: ”every deleted scene, blooper, audition,” as well as uncut, improvised riffs from Loudon Wainwright III, who played not-so-gay divorce Hal, and former Freak Jason Segel (Eric, the obsessive ex).
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!