MUSTWORTHINESS With a range extending from ethereal elf queen (”Lord of the Rings”) to world-weary pioneer (”The Missing”), she’s the next Meryl Streep. (She won’t say it, but we will.)
ON HER MUST LIST ”I’ve been listening to Jim White – the CD is called ‘Drill a Hole in That Substrate and Tell Me What You See.”’
AND ALSO Judy Davis, Frances McDormand, Liv Ullmann, Charlotte Rampling. ”They’re very independent and make personal choices. And Jane Fonda. ‘The China Syndrome’ is amazing. It’s so painfully naive. Now knowing what we know, it’s all the more poignant.”
CAREER HIGH ”This year was: Ron Howard in ‘The Missing,’ then I had a couple kamikaze days with Jim Jarmusch on ‘Coffee and Cigarettes,’ then ‘The Aviator,’ then working with Wes Anderson, then I gave birth! The year started with a bang and ended with a big bang.”
NEXT The play ”Hedda Gabler” in Sydney.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jill Scott says she no longer supports Bill Cosby
- 'Project Runway': Meet the season 14 contestants
- Amanda Peterson, 'Can't Buy Me Love' costar, dies at 43
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!