MUSTWORTHINESS With a range extending from ethereal elf queen (”Lord of the Rings”) to world-weary pioneer (”The Missing”), she’s the next Meryl Streep. (She won’t say it, but we will.)
ON HER MUST LIST ”I’ve been listening to Jim White – the CD is called ‘Drill a Hole in That Substrate and Tell Me What You See.”’
AND ALSO Judy Davis, Frances McDormand, Liv Ullmann, Charlotte Rampling. ”They’re very independent and make personal choices. And Jane Fonda. ‘The China Syndrome’ is amazing. It’s so painfully naive. Now knowing what we know, it’s all the more poignant.”
CAREER HIGH ”This year was: Ron Howard in ‘The Missing,’ then I had a couple kamikaze days with Jim Jarmusch on ‘Coffee and Cigarettes,’ then ‘The Aviator,’ then working with Wes Anderson, then I gave birth! The year started with a bang and ended with a big bang.”
NEXT The play ”Hedda Gabler” in Sydney.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'