MUSTWORTHINESS After six seasons, four Emmy nods, and a statuette, Mullally’s enormously entertaining portrayal of hard-drinking diva Karen Walker is the reason to keep watching ”Will & Grace.” This year, she carried an additional load, so to speak, in pregnant costar Debra Messing’s frequent absence.
ON HER MUST LIST Tom Waits and Randy Newman. ”They’re absolute individualists who never compromise their voice to have a hit record or song when they certainly could.”
WORST JOB ”I was a shoe model at a show in Chicago when I was 22. People would come in and I’d have to, like, try on a shoe for them. It was really fetishistic and kind of scary. I wasn’t exactly sure why they wanted to see the shoe on me. There was a little bit of a gray area there.”
WILL & GUEST ”I wasn’t sure about Cher’s [appearance]. They flew her in. Like, she was sort of dropped in on a crescent moon, she did the scene, and was, like, airlifted back out. And when I met her she was in her full Cher Land drag, so I didn’t get to experience her as a person.”
HOW SHE KEEPS KAREN FRESH ”I’ve always felt that at her core, she’s relatively untroubled and really happy. She’s just along for the ride, and she’s actually trying to do the right thing, even though it may not come off like that at times.”
NEXT ”Will & Grace”’s seventh season; touring with her band, Supreme Music Program.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead': Lennie James explains Morgan's backstory
- 'Daredevil': 5 new character posters from Marvel's first Netflix show
- Eric Church, Kacey Musgraves to headline Willie Nelson's 4th of July picnic
- 'The Wiz' is NBC's next live musical, partnering with Cirque du Soleil
- 'Shadowhunters' gets series order from ABC Family
- 'Walking Dead': Its most-watched finale
- 'The Flash' boss debunks one theory
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!