MUSTWORTHINESS After six seasons, four Emmy nods, and a statuette, Mullally’s enormously entertaining portrayal of hard-drinking diva Karen Walker is the reason to keep watching ”Will & Grace.” This year, she carried an additional load, so to speak, in pregnant costar Debra Messing’s frequent absence.
ON HER MUST LIST Tom Waits and Randy Newman. ”They’re absolute individualists who never compromise their voice to have a hit record or song when they certainly could.”
WORST JOB ”I was a shoe model at a show in Chicago when I was 22. People would come in and I’d have to, like, try on a shoe for them. It was really fetishistic and kind of scary. I wasn’t exactly sure why they wanted to see the shoe on me. There was a little bit of a gray area there.”
WILL & GUEST ”I wasn’t sure about Cher’s [appearance]. They flew her in. Like, she was sort of dropped in on a crescent moon, she did the scene, and was, like, airlifted back out. And when I met her she was in her full Cher Land drag, so I didn’t get to experience her as a person.”
HOW SHE KEEPS KAREN FRESH ”I’ve always felt that at her core, she’s relatively untroubled and really happy. She’s just along for the ride, and she’s actually trying to do the right thing, even though it may not come off like that at times.”
NEXT ”Will & Grace”’s seventh season; touring with her band, Supreme Music Program.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!