”Sixth Sense” and ”Signs” filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan is a guarded man who doesn’t much like giving interviews (lest reporters try to spoil his trademark twisty plots), and who’s even tried to stop a documentary about him from airing on cable’s Sci-Fi Channel. (Called ”The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan,” it’s due to air on July 18). Nonetheless, to promote his upcoming chiller ”The Village,” he’ll talk to you at your local multiplex. Regal Cinemas, the nation’s largest chain, announced on Tuesday that he’ll chat live, via satellite, with moviegoers at 41 of the chain’s theaters on July 20, two days after the Sci-Fi documentary airs and 10 days before ”Village” opens nationwide. ”Good Morning America” movie critic Joel Siegel will moderate the chat in ABC’s ”GMA” studio in Times Square, and a handful of moviegoers will get to ask questions. Still, Shyamalan will only answer questions from among those submitted in advance. So while chat participants will get to see what Regal calls ”exclusive” footage from ”The Village” (which stars Joaquin Phoenix, Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, and William Hurt), don’t expect him to answer too many questions about it.
(M. Night Shyamalan: Carmen Valdes/WireImage.com)
Posted July 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See polar animals take to New York in new 'Norm of the North' trailer
- Kristin Chenoweth sings 'Wicked' song with high schooler at the White House
- John Boyega hasn't seen 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' yet
- Hannah Davis wears epic 'Hunger Games' fashion in final edition of Capitol Couture
- This year in Christmas TV movies: What's new and used (a lot)
- Frank Gifford suffered from a football-related brain injury, family says
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will Meredith find romance with Riggs?
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year