”Sixth Sense” and ”Signs” filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan is a guarded man who doesn’t much like giving interviews (lest reporters try to spoil his trademark twisty plots), and who’s even tried to stop a documentary about him from airing on cable’s Sci-Fi Channel. (Called ”The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan,” it’s due to air on July 18). Nonetheless, to promote his upcoming chiller ”The Village,” he’ll talk to you at your local multiplex. Regal Cinemas, the nation’s largest chain, announced on Tuesday that he’ll chat live, via satellite, with moviegoers at 41 of the chain’s theaters on July 20, two days after the Sci-Fi documentary airs and 10 days before ”Village” opens nationwide. ”Good Morning America” movie critic Joel Siegel will moderate the chat in ABC’s ”GMA” studio in Times Square, and a handful of moviegoers will get to ask questions. Still, Shyamalan will only answer questions from among those submitted in advance. So while chat participants will get to see what Regal calls ”exclusive” footage from ”The Village” (which stars Joaquin Phoenix, Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, and William Hurt), don’t expect him to answer too many questions about it.
(M. Night Shyamalan: Carmen Valdes/WireImage.com)
Posted July 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Game of Thrones': Red Wedding actor breaks silence on surprise return
- 'Game of Thrones' producer on the return of THAT character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers