”Sixth Sense” and ”Signs” filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan is a guarded man who doesn’t much like giving interviews (lest reporters try to spoil his trademark twisty plots), and who’s even tried to stop a documentary about him from airing on cable’s Sci-Fi Channel. (Called ”The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan,” it’s due to air on July 18). Nonetheless, to promote his upcoming chiller ”The Village,” he’ll talk to you at your local multiplex. Regal Cinemas, the nation’s largest chain, announced on Tuesday that he’ll chat live, via satellite, with moviegoers at 41 of the chain’s theaters on July 20, two days after the Sci-Fi documentary airs and 10 days before ”Village” opens nationwide. ”Good Morning America” movie critic Joel Siegel will moderate the chat in ABC’s ”GMA” studio in Times Square, and a handful of moviegoers will get to ask questions. Still, Shyamalan will only answer questions from among those submitted in advance. So while chat participants will get to see what Regal calls ”exclusive” footage from ”The Village” (which stars Joaquin Phoenix, Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, and William Hurt), don’t expect him to answer too many questions about it.
(M. Night Shyamalan: Carmen Valdes/WireImage.com)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Once Upon a Time' reveals what happened to Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!