Pet funerals, faked amnesia, clairvoyant visions on QVC, a minor-league pro wrestler who hears Jesus through his hearing aid another who swears heaven sounds like Patsy Cline, and a stadium-size asteroid heading directly for Earth. Yeah, there’s much to ”Buddy Cooper” that lands just this side of bizarre, but somehow it all makes a silly kind of sense. Connelly’s titular hero – a perpetually losing wrestler dubbed the Unknown Kentucky Terror – delivers an endearing mix of self-effacement, wonder, warmth, downtrodden despair, and fury that’s both comic and chilling. In fact, his storytelling hand is so steady that we almost forget that it’s really just your basic ne’er-do-well father-and-ex-husband redemption tale, albeit one with a cameo by Patrick Swayze.
Buddy Cooper Finds A Way Pet funerals, faked amnesia, clairvoyant visions on QVC, a minor-league pro wrestler who hears Jesus through his hearing aid another who swears heaven...Buddy Cooper Finds A WayFictionNeil O'Boyle Connelly Pet funerals, faked amnesia, clairvoyant visions on QVC, a minor-league pro wrestler who hears Jesus through his hearing aid another who swears heaven...2004-07-09
Genre: Fiction; Author: Neil O'Boyle Connelly
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans