David Bowie’s Reality Tour got a little too real, thanks to a health scare that forced him to scrap the remaining dates on his European trek. On June 25, after a concert in Germany, the 57-year-old rocker complained of a pinched nerve. Doctors examined him and found something far more serious: an acutely blocked artery. After undergoing an emergency angioplasty to clear the blockage, Bowie returned home to New York this week to be with his family and convalesce from the surgery, according to a statement. He’s canceled all 11 remaining dates of his European tour but hopes to return to work in August. ”I’m so p—ed off because the last 10 months of this tour have been so f—ing fantastic,” Bowie said. ”Can’t wait to be fully recovered and get back to work again. I tell you what, though, I won’t be writing a song about this one.”
(David Bowie: George De Sota-FWD/AP)
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt