David Bowie’s Reality Tour got a little too real, thanks to a health scare that forced him to scrap the remaining dates on his European trek. On June 25, after a concert in Germany, the 57-year-old rocker complained of a pinched nerve. Doctors examined him and found something far more serious: an acutely blocked artery. After undergoing an emergency angioplasty to clear the blockage, Bowie returned home to New York this week to be with his family and convalesce from the surgery, according to a statement. He’s canceled all 11 remaining dates of his European tour but hopes to return to work in August. ”I’m so p—ed off because the last 10 months of this tour have been so f—ing fantastic,” Bowie said. ”Can’t wait to be fully recovered and get back to work again. I tell you what, though, I won’t be writing a song about this one.”
(David Bowie: George De Sota-FWD/AP)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Emma Roberts talks 'Scream Queens': 'It's 'Mean Girls' meets 'Friday the 13th''
- Fox to debut half-hour version of animated series Golan the Insatiable on May 31
- John Stamos calls 'bulls---' on Olsen twins' 'Full House' claims
- Disney stars get horrific in teaser for slasher movie 'Some Kind of Hate'
- 5 things we learned from Robert Downey Jr.'s interview with Howard Stern
- 'Living on Love' to close on Broadway
- Miss Piggy to receive Brooklyn Museum award