David Bowie’s Reality Tour got a little too real, thanks to a health scare that forced him to scrap the remaining dates on his European trek. On June 25, after a concert in Germany, the 57-year-old rocker complained of a pinched nerve. Doctors examined him and found something far more serious: an acutely blocked artery. After undergoing an emergency angioplasty to clear the blockage, Bowie returned home to New York this week to be with his family and convalesce from the surgery, according to a statement. He’s canceled all 11 remaining dates of his European tour but hopes to return to work in August. ”I’m so p—ed off because the last 10 months of this tour have been so f—ing fantastic,” Bowie said. ”Can’t wait to be fully recovered and get back to work again. I tell you what, though, I won’t be writing a song about this one.”
(David Bowie: George De Sota-FWD/AP)
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Moby reflects on the iPod 15 years later: 'It felt like magic'
- Taylor Swift sings Calvin Harris' 'This Is What You Came For'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on why Saviors follow Negan
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans