Director Mike Hodges (”Get Carter”) still knows how to unspool a mystery with a hypnotic pace of sadistic intrigue. There’s a squeamish strain of homophobia to his new thriller, yet Clive Owen, as an ex-gangster out for vengeance, has more aura than any actor around.
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead Director Mike Hodges (''Get Carter'') still knows how to unspool a mystery with a hypnotic pace of sadistic intrigue. There's a squeamish strain of...I'll Sleep When I'm DeadMystery and Thriller, DramaPT103MR Director Mike Hodges (''Get Carter'') still knows how to unspool a mystery with a hypnotic pace of sadistic intrigue. There's a squeamish strain of...2004-07-09Malcolm McDowellCharlotte RamplingMalcolm McDowell, Charlotte RamplingParamount Classics
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Clive Owen, Malcolm McDowell, Charlotte Rampling; Director: Mike Hodges; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Classics
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Paula Deen fires social media manager responsible for offensive tweet
- 'Star Wars': Han Solo stand-alone movie ahead with 'Lego Movie' directors at the controls
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- Ruby Rose guests on Syfy's 'Dark Matter': First Look
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!