Director Mike Hodges (”Get Carter”) still knows how to unspool a mystery with a hypnotic pace of sadistic intrigue. There’s a squeamish strain of homophobia to his new thriller, yet Clive Owen, as an ex-gangster out for vengeance, has more aura than any actor around.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Clive Owen, Malcolm McDowell, Charlotte Rampling; Director: Mike Hodges; Release Date Limited: 06/18/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Classics
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Martin Scorsese doesn't think people remember his films
- 'Grey's Anatomy' to reveal Jackson-April status in special flashback episode
- Victoria Aveyard on new 'Red Queen' book: 'I feel really happy and evil turning the story on its head'
- Beyoncé once turned down a Coldplay collaboration
- Colin Farrell has 45 days to fall in love in 'The Lobster' trailer
- T.J. Miller reviews Super Bowl ads in Shock Top video
- 'Minority Report' screenwriter Scott Frank talks writing his first novel 'Shaker'