Director Mike Hodges (”Get Carter”) still knows how to unspool a mystery with a hypnotic pace of sadistic intrigue. There’s a squeamish strain of homophobia to his new thriller, yet Clive Owen, as an ex-gangster out for vengeance, has more aura than any actor around.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Clive Owen, Malcolm McDowell, Charlotte Rampling; Director: Mike Hodges; Release Date Limited: 06/18/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Classics
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- LAPD: No evidence of crime in Amber Heard abuse claim against Johnny Depp
- Former 'Glee' star Mark Salling formally charged in child porn case
- John Cena, WWE Superstars honor U.S. military in Memorial Day tribute
- Mel Brooks was 'ready to jump off a roof' over 'Solarbabies' fiasco
- WATCH: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' stars build their ideal mutant garage band
- James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' casts Rosa Salazar as lead
- WATCH: Dierks Bentley on what influenced new album 'Black'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers