Director Mike Hodges (”Get Carter”) still knows how to unspool a mystery with a hypnotic pace of sadistic intrigue. There’s a squeamish strain of homophobia to his new thriller, yet Clive Owen, as an ex-gangster out for vengeance, has more aura than any actor around.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Clive Owen, Malcolm McDowell, Charlotte Rampling; Director: Mike Hodges; Release Date Limited: 06/18/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Classics
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- This is what it was like when Andrew Garfield worked at Starbucks
- Disclosure go behind the scenes of 'Caracal' and collabs with Sam Smith, Lorde
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- Tom Hardy brought his dog to the premiere of 'Legend'
- Just how well do you know 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?
- A-trak looks back on Fool's Gold Day Off's 5th birthday
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!