Has blingmaster-to-the-stars Jacob the Jeweler met his match? Celebs in search of custom-designed red-carpet baubles are snapping up edgy pieces by upstart Daniel K. Founded by 30-year-old Daniel Koren, the NYC-based luxury diamond house recently fashioned a right-hand ring for newly single Halle Berry; other stylish fans include Mary J. Blige and Debra Messing. ”My diamonds are fresh and youthful – they make a statement without being decadent about it,” says Koren, who cites art deco architecture as a source of inspiration. ”It may be a $1 million necklace, but it works with a sports jacket, suit, or gown. It’s not something you wear once and lock up in a safe somewhere.” Or hand to your personal bodyguard.
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony