Has blingmaster-to-the-stars Jacob the Jeweler met his match? Celebs in search of custom-designed red-carpet baubles are snapping up edgy pieces by upstart Daniel K. Founded by 30-year-old Daniel Koren, the NYC-based luxury diamond house recently fashioned a right-hand ring for newly single Halle Berry; other stylish fans include Mary J. Blige and Debra Messing. ”My diamonds are fresh and youthful – they make a statement without being decadent about it,” says Koren, who cites art deco architecture as a source of inspiration. ”It may be a $1 million necklace, but it works with a sports jacket, suit, or gown. It’s not something you wear once and lock up in a safe somewhere.” Or hand to your personal bodyguard.
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor
- Linklater taps Bryan Cranston, Steve Carell, Laurence Fishburne for next film
- Chris Brown arrested on suspicion of assault with deadly weapon
- Miley Cyrus' homeless date to 2014 VMAs puts Moonman trophy on eBay
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs