Has blingmaster-to-the-stars Jacob the Jeweler met his match? Celebs in search of custom-designed red-carpet baubles are snapping up edgy pieces by upstart Daniel K. Founded by 30-year-old Daniel Koren, the NYC-based luxury diamond house recently fashioned a right-hand ring for newly single Halle Berry; other stylish fans include Mary J. Blige and Debra Messing. ”My diamonds are fresh and youthful – they make a statement without being decadent about it,” says Koren, who cites art deco architecture as a source of inspiration. ”It may be a $1 million necklace, but it works with a sports jacket, suit, or gown. It’s not something you wear once and lock up in a safe somewhere.” Or hand to your personal bodyguard.
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations