Spider-Man may be saving NYC on the big screen, but on the page he’s headed to India. In late August, Marvel Enterprises and Indian publisher Gotham Entertainment Group (sounds VERY Indian, doesn’t it?) will launch ”Spider-Man India.” Bombay youth Pavitr Prabhakar has powers inherited from a yogi and wears a traditional ”dhoti” with his suit. ”This concept is about taking an international hero and making him a local hero,” says Gotham CEO Sharad Devarajan of the multiculti first. ”It’s a reinvention for the Indian market, while staying true to the Spider-Man mythologies.” Can’t wait to see what Bollywood does with this!
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' merge exclusive sneak peek
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!