Spider-Man may be saving NYC on the big screen, but on the page he’s headed to India. In late August, Marvel Enterprises and Indian publisher Gotham Entertainment Group (sounds VERY Indian, doesn’t it?) will launch ”Spider-Man India.” Bombay youth Pavitr Prabhakar has powers inherited from a yogi and wears a traditional ”dhoti” with his suit. ”This concept is about taking an international hero and making him a local hero,” says Gotham CEO Sharad Devarajan of the multiculti first. ”It’s a reinvention for the Indian market, while staying true to the Spider-Man mythologies.” Can’t wait to see what Bollywood does with this!
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Criminal Minds': Thomas Gibson returns for premiere
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?