Spider-Man may be saving NYC on the big screen, but on the page he’s headed to India. In late August, Marvel Enterprises and Indian publisher Gotham Entertainment Group (sounds VERY Indian, doesn’t it?) will launch ”Spider-Man India.” Bombay youth Pavitr Prabhakar has powers inherited from a yogi and wears a traditional ”dhoti” with his suit. ”This concept is about taking an international hero and making him a local hero,” says Gotham CEO Sharad Devarajan of the multiculti first. ”It’s a reinvention for the Indian market, while staying true to the Spider-Man mythologies.” Can’t wait to see what Bollywood does with this!
Posted July 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' boss talks the agent vs. analysts dynamic, teases next week's episode
- Josh Stamberg on going full frontal on 'The Affair': 'It's a weird day at work'
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release