Spider-Man may be saving NYC on the big screen, but on the page he’s headed to India. In late August, Marvel Enterprises and Indian publisher Gotham Entertainment Group (sounds VERY Indian, doesn’t it?) will launch ”Spider-Man India.” Bombay youth Pavitr Prabhakar has powers inherited from a yogi and wears a traditional ”dhoti” with his suit. ”This concept is about taking an international hero and making him a local hero,” says Gotham CEO Sharad Devarajan of the multiculti first. ”It’s a reinvention for the Indian market, while staying true to the Spider-Man mythologies.” Can’t wait to see what Bollywood does with this!
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' products to hit shelves in September
- J.K. Rowling apologizes for 'Harry Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Dances With Wolves' writer Michael Blake dies
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquiao fight: You be the judge
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!