She played spunky in 1996’s ”Harriet the Spy,” irksome as Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s little sister, Dawn, and bikinilicious in last February’s big-screen romp ”Eurotrip.” Now, with a role in HBO’s ”Six Feet Under,” Michelle Trachtenberg finally gets to tap into her self-proclaimed ”inner bitch.” The 18-year-old actress plays Keith’s bodyguarding charge, a fabulously diva-esque pop tart named Celeste who frolics with bad boys like Colin Farrell but also vows to remain a virgin until marriage. Hmmm, could the show’s creator, Alan Ball, be paying homage to a certain former Mouseketeer whose name rhymes with Whitney Beers? ”Well, kind of,” says a diplomatic Trachtenberg, who debuted on June 27 and will appear in three more episodes. ”Celeste is really a combination of everyone – Britney, Christina, and Jessica Simpson.” Not to mention…herself. ”When I auditioned, I was sick; I was hardly the perfect angel,” she confesses. ”I was like, ‘I totally don’t feel well. Let’s just do this.’ Guess it worked!” Totally.
Posted July 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!