She played spunky in 1996’s ”Harriet the Spy,” irksome as Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s little sister, Dawn, and bikinilicious in last February’s big-screen romp ”Eurotrip.” Now, with a role in HBO’s ”Six Feet Under,” Michelle Trachtenberg finally gets to tap into her self-proclaimed ”inner bitch.” The 18-year-old actress plays Keith’s bodyguarding charge, a fabulously diva-esque pop tart named Celeste who frolics with bad boys like Colin Farrell but also vows to remain a virgin until marriage. Hmmm, could the show’s creator, Alan Ball, be paying homage to a certain former Mouseketeer whose name rhymes with Whitney Beers? ”Well, kind of,” says a diplomatic Trachtenberg, who debuted on June 27 and will appear in three more episodes. ”Celeste is really a combination of everyone – Britney, Christina, and Jessica Simpson.” Not to mention…herself. ”When I auditioned, I was sick; I was hardly the perfect angel,” she confesses. ”I was like, ‘I totally don’t feel well. Let’s just do this.’ Guess it worked!” Totally.
Posted July 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!