Kevin Kline makes Cole Porter a playful sweet-and-sour sophisticate who marries Linda Lee (Ashley Judd) yet has no guilt about acting out his desires for men. We can accept this tidy version of Porter’s life because the songs so fully express his spirit.
Genre: Musical, Drama; Starring: Ashley Judd, Kevin Kline, Natalie Cole, Elvis Costello, Sheryl Crow, Angie Hill, Alanis Morissette, Jonathan Pryce; Director: Irwin Winkler; Author: Jay Cocks; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!