The sequel to Richard Linklater’s 1995 romance is deeper, darker, and altogether more memorable. Nine years after their lone night together, Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy) meet up again in Paris. The final scene is as blissful as anything in a movie this year.
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke, Vernon Dobtcheff, Rodolphe Pauly, Mariane Plasteig; Director: Richard Linklater; Author: Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke, Richard Linklater; Runtime (in minutes): 80; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted July 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!