Ron, a talking stooge, will read whatever is placed in front of him, and he treats his own brain, too, as a kind of TelePrompTer. Will Ferrell does a variation on his specialty: the completely unjustified egomaniac. There are a few laughs, but Ron is a little too derivative – he’s Ted Baxter with a touch of Wild and Crazy Guy
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, David Koechner, Paul Rudd, Maya Rudolph, Vince Vaughn, Fred Willard; Director: Adam McKay; Author: Will Ferrell, Adam McKay; Release Date Wide: 07/09/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Dreamworks Distribution L.L.C.
Posted July 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!