Though she’s got an MTV reality show of her own, 19-year-old Ashlee Simpson insists she’s nothing like her famous sister. But while she now dyes her tresses brown and postures as a rock & roller (her weathered rasp resembles Courtney Love’s), she’s every bit as pop as Jessica – even if she savvily cribs from Avril instead of Mariah. Her Autobiography is packed with insidiously catchy songs, especially the first single, ”Pieces of Me,” in which she sings the praises of canoodling with a friend. But halfway through the album, the recipe gets repeated and you find yourself yawning despite the hooks. If Simpson really wants to be a rock chick, she shouldn’t have made such a formulaic debut. That’s what pop stars do.
AutobiographyThough she's got an MTV reality show of her own, 19-year-old Ashlee Simpson insists she's nothing like her famous sister. But while she now dyes her...AutobiographyThough she's got an MTV reality show of her own, 19-year-old Ashlee Simpson insists she's nothing like her famous sister. But while she now dyes her...2004-07-23
Lead Performer: Ashlee Simpson; Producer (group): Geffen
Posted July 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'Warm Bodies' prequel 'The New Hunger' -- and see the cover
- A-Trak reveals the soundtrack to his life
- Label CEO says company has naming rights to Chief Keef's baby
- Celine Dion revives Las Vegas residency following yearlong hiatus
- Hugh Dancy and Gillian Anderson get philosophical in exclusive 'Hannibal' finale clip
- Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander stun in new 'Danish Girl' poster
- Get to know The Weeknd through his 9 best deep cuts
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!