This low-budget-looking doc – executive-produced by ”South Park”’s Trey Parker and Matt Stone – operates on the idea that watching five physically and mentally disabled adults travel cross-country in an RV and play newscaster for man-on-the-street interviews is intrinsically funny. And you know what? Maybe it is. Even if every encounter doesn’t pop, there are laughs aplenty in How’s Your News?, as when a lovable lug named Ronnie keeps asking people about his ”spiritual brother,” ”Medical Center” star Chad Everett, or a sweet-tempered guy with Down syndrome named Sean neglects yet again to come up with the killer follow-up question. Most astonishingly, this screwball little movie rarely feels exploitative – and is actually rather moving. Busloads of EXTRAS, including a touching meeting between Ronnie and Everett, and the original pilot, featuring a hilarious interview with random crazy New Yorker ”Hank the Blank, the Motherf – -ing Skank.”
How's Your News? This low-budget-looking doc -- executive-produced by ''South Park'''s Trey Parker and Matt Stone -- operates on the idea that watching five physically...How's Your News?DocumentaryUnrated This low-budget-looking doc -- executive-produced by ''South Park'''s Trey Parker and Matt Stone -- operates on the idea that watching five physically...2004-07-23
Genre: Documentary; Producer (person): Trey Parker, Matt Stone; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel