This low-budget-looking doc – executive-produced by ”South Park”’s Trey Parker and Matt Stone – operates on the idea that watching five physically and mentally disabled adults travel cross-country in an RV and play newscaster for man-on-the-street interviews is intrinsically funny. And you know what? Maybe it is. Even if every encounter doesn’t pop, there are laughs aplenty in How’s Your News?, as when a lovable lug named Ronnie keeps asking people about his ”spiritual brother,” ”Medical Center” star Chad Everett, or a sweet-tempered guy with Down syndrome named Sean neglects yet again to come up with the killer follow-up question. Most astonishingly, this screwball little movie rarely feels exploitative – and is actually rather moving. Busloads of EXTRAS, including a touching meeting between Ronnie and Everett, and the original pilot, featuring a hilarious interview with random crazy New Yorker ”Hank the Blank, the Motherf – -ing Skank.”
How's Your News? This low-budget-looking doc -- executive-produced by ''South Park'''s Trey Parker and Matt Stone -- operates on the idea that watching five physically...How's Your News?DocumentaryUnrated This low-budget-looking doc -- executive-produced by ''South Park'''s Trey Parker and Matt Stone -- operates on the idea that watching five physically...2004-07-23
Genre: Documentary; Producer (person): Trey Parker, Matt Stone; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Maya Rudolph to guest-star on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- 'Pokémon' theme singer Jason Paige performs song in studio recording
- Gillian Jacobs: The Improvised Interview
- 'Once Upon a Time' to delve into Savior mythology
- 'Hobo with a Shotgun' director to make 'New York City Outlaws'
- 10 under-the-radar songs from emerging artists to hear now
- Team USA flag bearer's jacket will glow at Olympics Opening Ceremony