This low-budget-looking doc – executive-produced by ”South Park”’s Trey Parker and Matt Stone – operates on the idea that watching five physically and mentally disabled adults travel cross-country in an RV and play newscaster for man-on-the-street interviews is intrinsically funny. And you know what? Maybe it is. Even if every encounter doesn’t pop, there are laughs aplenty in How’s Your News?, as when a lovable lug named Ronnie keeps asking people about his ”spiritual brother,” ”Medical Center” star Chad Everett, or a sweet-tempered guy with Down syndrome named Sean neglects yet again to come up with the killer follow-up question. Most astonishingly, this screwball little movie rarely feels exploitative – and is actually rather moving. Busloads of EXTRAS, including a touching meeting between Ronnie and Everett, and the original pilot, featuring a hilarious interview with random crazy New Yorker ”Hank the Blank, the Motherf – -ing Skank.”
How's Your News? This low-budget-looking doc -- executive-produced by ''South Park'''s Trey Parker and Matt Stone -- operates on the idea that watching five physically...How's Your News?DocumentaryUnrated This low-budget-looking doc -- executive-produced by ''South Park'''s Trey Parker and Matt Stone -- operates on the idea that watching five physically...2004-07-23
Genre: Documentary; Producer (person): Trey Parker, Matt Stone; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Danai Gurira on the big 'moment of truth' coming up on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Bern Your Enthusiasm': Larry David stars as Bernie Sanders in 'SNL' spoof
- DGA Awards 2016: Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu wins for 'The Revenant'
- 'Formation' video: Beyoncé used doc footage 'with permission,' says rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip