This magazine once compared Ablow to Thomas Harris, which you’ll no doubt note on Murder Suicide’s dust jacket. It appears Ablow’s also been channeling another revered master of murder most foul: Agatha Christie. The elegantly complicated forensic psychiatrist Dr. Frank Clevenger is still front and center, but this time there’s no manhunt, no ornately macabre crime scenes, and the victims, a brilliant Boston inventor plagued by epilepsy and his beautiful-but-borderline mistress, at first appear to be just gruesome suicides who bought it the same day. But Clevenger methodically interviews the suspects – the powerful business partner, the aloof wife, the enraged husband, the unhinged daughter, the arrogant neurosurgeon – and his insight into their psyches (and his own) moves the plot along at an appropriately brisk clip. Then he gathers everyone for the Big Reveal. It’s enough to make Miss Marple proud.
Murder Suicide This magazine once compared Ablow to Thomas Harris, which you'll no doubt note on Murder Suicide's dust jacket. It appears Ablow's also been...Murder SuicideFictionKeith Ablow This magazine once compared Ablow to Thomas Harris, which you'll no doubt note on Murder Suicide's dust jacket. It appears Ablow's also been...2004-07-23
Genre: Fiction; Author: Keith Ablow
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!