On MSNBC’s Hardball With Chris Matthews Matthews’ yelling, yammering, leather-lung lug persona has been imitated so uncannily by ”Saturday Night Live”’s Darrell Hammond that the ”Hardball” host has dialed it down in recent months. Relishing his ”SNL” notoriety but also smart enough to know he’d become his own caricature, Matthews is currently engaging in some good, feisty debates with a wide range of guests. Election years bring out the best in Matthews, a former House aide and speech-writer who’s talented at explicating the motives of old-school politicians. He still does lame things like repeating the Howard Dean-screaming clip for the 4,000th time, but, like the good Catholic-school debater he was reared as, he also points out any illogic in anyone’s point of view.
HardballOn MSNBC's Hardball With Chris Matthews Matthews' yelling, yammering, leather-lung lug persona has been imitated so uncannily by ''Saturday Night...HardballOn MSNBC's Hardball With Chris Matthews Matthews' yelling, yammering, leather-lung lug persona has been imitated so uncannily by ''Saturday Night...2004-07-27
Starring: Chris Matthews; Broadcaster: MSNBC; Status: In Season
Posted July 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ben Affleck is a math genius with a secret in 'The Accountant' trailer
- WATCH: 'Pretty Little Liars' stars show 'Harry Potter' love
- Joe Biden loves the word 'malarkey'
- HBO renews 'Ballers' for season 3
- Serena Williams answers 73 random questions for Vogue
- Bindi Irwin praises Ariel Winter's body confidence
- Garry Marshall's 'The Flamingo Kid' is going to be a stage musical
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?