On MSNBC’s Hardball With Chris Matthews Matthews’ yelling, yammering, leather-lung lug persona has been imitated so uncannily by ”Saturday Night Live”’s Darrell Hammond that the ”Hardball” host has dialed it down in recent months. Relishing his ”SNL” notoriety but also smart enough to know he’d become his own caricature, Matthews is currently engaging in some good, feisty debates with a wide range of guests. Election years bring out the best in Matthews, a former House aide and speech-writer who’s talented at explicating the motives of old-school politicians. He still does lame things like repeating the Howard Dean-screaming clip for the 4,000th time, but, like the good Catholic-school debater he was reared as, he also points out any illogic in anyone’s point of view.
HardballOn MSNBC's Hardball With Chris Matthews Matthews' yelling, yammering, leather-lung lug persona has been imitated so uncannily by ''Saturday Night...HardballOn MSNBC's Hardball With Chris Matthews Matthews' yelling, yammering, leather-lung lug persona has been imitated so uncannily by ''Saturday Night...2004-07-27
Starring: Chris Matthews; Broadcaster: MSNBC; Status: In Season
Posted July 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!