I, ROBOT PG-13, 115 mins. Del Spooner (Will Smith), a detective in 2035, suspects a robot of murder. As the voice of Sonny the polysynthetic droid, Alan Tudyk sounds like the love child of ”2001”’s HAL and Julie Andrews. He’s (mildly) charming, but the movie lacks imaginative excitement.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Will Smith, James Cromwell, Bruce Greenwood, Shia LaBeouf, Chi McBride, Bridget Moynahan; Director: Alex Proyas; Author: Akiva Goldsman, Jeff Vintar; Release Date Wide: 07/16/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant