I, ROBOT PG-13, 115 mins. Del Spooner (Will Smith), a detective in 2035, suspects a robot of murder. As the voice of Sonny the polysynthetic droid, Alan Tudyk sounds like the love child of ”2001”’s HAL and Julie Andrews. He’s (mildly) charming, but the movie lacks imaginative excitement.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Will Smith, James Cromwell, Bruce Greenwood, Shia LaBeouf, Chi McBride, Bridget Moynahan; Director: Alex Proyas; Author: Akiva Goldsman, Jeff Vintar; Release Date Wide: 07/16/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jack Black discusses overcoming substance abuse as a teenager
- Cate Blanchett barely holds it together for bit with Stephen Colbert
- How 'Bridge of Spies' burns with Steven Spielberg's childhood fears
- British soap 'EastEnders' casts Riley Carter Millington as transgender character
- New York Comic-Con reacts to 'Lucifer' pilot: 'A delightful surprise'
- Mariah Carey announces second annual Christmas concert series
- 'Bring It On' cast gets together for spirited EW reunion