I, ROBOT PG-13, 115 mins. Del Spooner (Will Smith), a detective in 2035, suspects a robot of murder. As the voice of Sonny the polysynthetic droid, Alan Tudyk sounds like the love child of ”2001”’s HAL and Julie Andrews. He’s (mildly) charming, but the movie lacks imaginative excitement.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Will Smith, James Cromwell, Bruce Greenwood, Shia LaBeouf, Chi McBride, Bridget Moynahan; Director: Alex Proyas; Author: Akiva Goldsman, Jeff Vintar; Release Date Wide: 07/16/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Kanye West, and Wale just kickstarted 2015's Song of Summer debate
- Julie Mintz unveils the strings-drenched, Moby-produced ballad 'Till She Disappears' -- exclusive
- Watch the short film that inspired Oscar winner Whiplash
- Netflix nabs Cary Fukunaga's 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Fox casts'True Blood' star Rob Kazinsky as Frankenstein monster
- Urban Cone teams up with Tove Lo for 'Come Back to Me' -- exclusive