In the world of The WB’s ”Smallville,” there’s only one thing more threatening to young Superman than kryptonite: creative lethargy. But have no fear – Lois Lane is here! Played by Canadian newcomer Erica Durance, Superman’s future lady love arrives in Smallville during the Sept. 22 season premiere as a sassy college frosh, investigating the apparent death of cousin Chloe (Allison Mack). ”It’s the mythic jolt we needed,” says executive producer Alfred Gough, citing a need to spice things up between Clark Kent (Tom Welling) and Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk). ”[The couple] went from I hope they get together to Sweet God, enough already!” While Superman’s movie overlords (that is, Warner Bros.) have forbidden romance from taking flight during Lois’ 13-episode stint, there will be some intimate encounters: Her meet-cute with Clark finds the teen of steel in his birthday suit. ”Hello!” says Durance, 26, who despite inexperience has fan-girl cred. ”I read a lot of comics growing up,” she says. ”My mom used to say, `Would you please read a book?’ She was worried where I was going in my life.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!