In the world of The WB’s ”Smallville,” there’s only one thing more threatening to young Superman than kryptonite: creative lethargy. But have no fear – Lois Lane is here! Played by Canadian newcomer Erica Durance, Superman’s future lady love arrives in Smallville during the Sept. 22 season premiere as a sassy college frosh, investigating the apparent death of cousin Chloe (Allison Mack). ”It’s the mythic jolt we needed,” says executive producer Alfred Gough, citing a need to spice things up between Clark Kent (Tom Welling) and Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk). ”[The couple] went from I hope they get together to Sweet God, enough already!” While Superman’s movie overlords (that is, Warner Bros.) have forbidden romance from taking flight during Lois’ 13-episode stint, there will be some intimate encounters: Her meet-cute with Clark finds the teen of steel in his birthday suit. ”Hello!” says Durance, 26, who despite inexperience has fan-girl cred. ”I read a lot of comics growing up,” she says. ”My mom used to say, `Would you please read a book?’ She was worried where I was going in my life.”
Posted July 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con: 'South Park' creators won't do another Pokémon episode
- Comic-Con 2016: ‘Scream Queens’ boss teases ‘bloodier and funnier’ season 2
- LISTEN: Jamie Lee Curtis: ‘Everyone is an a—hole' on 'Scream Queens'
- WATCH: See the new trailer for the secret 'Blair Witch' sequel
- 'Ms. Marvel' co-creator on helping to make comics more diverse
- 'iZombie' panel reveals Robert Knepper's return as Blaine's dad
- John Lewis on civil rights leaders: 'We didn't hate'