In the world of The WB’s ”Smallville,” there’s only one thing more threatening to young Superman than kryptonite: creative lethargy. But have no fear – Lois Lane is here! Played by Canadian newcomer Erica Durance, Superman’s future lady love arrives in Smallville during the Sept. 22 season premiere as a sassy college frosh, investigating the apparent death of cousin Chloe (Allison Mack). ”It’s the mythic jolt we needed,” says executive producer Alfred Gough, citing a need to spice things up between Clark Kent (Tom Welling) and Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk). ”[The couple] went from I hope they get together to Sweet God, enough already!” While Superman’s movie overlords (that is, Warner Bros.) have forbidden romance from taking flight during Lois’ 13-episode stint, there will be some intimate encounters: Her meet-cute with Clark finds the teen of steel in his birthday suit. ”Hello!” says Durance, 26, who despite inexperience has fan-girl cred. ”I read a lot of comics growing up,” she says. ”My mom used to say, `Would you please read a book?’ She was worried where I was going in my life.”
Posted July 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt