In the world of The WB’s ”Smallville,” there’s only one thing more threatening to young Superman than kryptonite: creative lethargy. But have no fear – Lois Lane is here! Played by Canadian newcomer Erica Durance, Superman’s future lady love arrives in Smallville during the Sept. 22 season premiere as a sassy college frosh, investigating the apparent death of cousin Chloe (Allison Mack). ”It’s the mythic jolt we needed,” says executive producer Alfred Gough, citing a need to spice things up between Clark Kent (Tom Welling) and Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk). ”[The couple] went from I hope they get together to Sweet God, enough already!” While Superman’s movie overlords (that is, Warner Bros.) have forbidden romance from taking flight during Lois’ 13-episode stint, there will be some intimate encounters: Her meet-cute with Clark finds the teen of steel in his birthday suit. ”Hello!” says Durance, 26, who despite inexperience has fan-girl cred. ”I read a lot of comics growing up,” she says. ”My mom used to say, `Would you please read a book?’ She was worried where I was going in my life.”
Posted July 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996