Don’t tell Adriana, but Steve Van Zandt is anything but a killer. In fact, the ”Sopranos” star and E Street Band guitarist has devoted much of his recent time to bringing his favorite music back from the dead. Garage rock, the grimy, three-chord sound embraced by artists from Bo Diddley to the Ramones, has made a return to the mainstream, thanks in part to ”Little Steven’s Underground Garage,” a syndicated radio show that has helped break the likes of Jet and the Hives. Now, Van Zandt is planning the mammoth International Underground Garage Festival, set for Aug. 14 on New York’s Randall’s Island and boasting more than three dozen bands, including Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Big Star, and the Strokes. Read on to find out which of those acts Van Zandt includes in his top-5 list, as told to EW.com senior writer Brian Hiatt.
(Little Steven Van Zandt: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!