In the song ”In Buddy’s Eyes,” septuagenarian Cook sings ”I’m young, I’m beautiful,” and in our eyes, she certainly is. On the ovation-worthy Barbara Cook’s Broadway, the still-stellar soprano trills and thrills her way through Great White Way gems like ”A Wonderful Guy” (”South Pacific”), ”Till There Was You” (”The Music Man”), and ”Time Heals Everything” (”Mack & Mabel”). Cook may be 76, but that voice is positively ageless.
Barbara Cook's Broadway In the song ''In Buddy's Eyes,'' septuagenarian Cook sings ''I'm young, I'm beautiful,'' and in our eyes, she certainly is. On the ovation-worthy Barbara Cook's BroadwayPop In the song ''In Buddy's Eyes,'' septuagenarian Cook sings ''I'm young, I'm beautiful,'' and in our eyes, she certainly is. On the ovation-worthy 2004-08-06
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Barbara Cook; Producer (group): DRG
Posted August 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- How Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, and other stars are celebrating July 4
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!