Not since that whole Garden of Eden situation has an Apple caused such a craze. Of course, we mean Apple Blythe Alison Martin, 3-month-old trendsetter. Ever since Apple’s mom, Gwyneth, started wearing a necklace featuring the fruit, jewelry company Alex and Ani has been inundated with requests for the $68 piece. ”It’s inspired me to do some more apple-designed things,” says Alex and Ani’s Carolyn Rafaelian, who received a personal thank-you note (on Apple’s stationery, natch) from Gwyneth. ”I’m going to make little Apple bobby pins and send them her way,” Rafaelian promises. ”As soon as she grows some hair.”
Posted August 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?