Halle Berry is addicted to crack – the crack of the whip she used in ”Catwoman,” that is. Maybe that’s why, despite the movie’s poor showing, she says she wants to make a sequel, the Associated Press reports. In the movie’s first 13 days of release, it’s earned just $32.3 million in America and another $1.2 million abroad, according to earnings tracking website BoxOfficeMojo.com – that’s about a third of its reported $100 million production cost – not to mention scathing reviews and catty word-of-mouth. Still, Berry said to reporters at the film’s German premiere in Hamburg on Thursday, ”I think I’m really hoping to do another ‘Catwoman.”’ After all, she’d get another crack at wielding that whip. ”Everybody just wanted to crack that whip,” she said. ”When you get your first crack, you just want to keep on cracking.” Well, not everybody. ”My first and only attempt ended up with me smacking myself in the back of the head,” costar Benjamin Bratt said. ”I left it to the professionals.” Guess in ”Catwoman 2,” he’ll leave it to Berry to put the ”ow” back in ”meow.”
Posted August 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere