Pimped-out Escalades, bubbling Cristal, and jigglin’ booties are so two years ago. The latest must-have hip-hop video prop is…a 6-year-old boy. Ever since Lil Max$o (born Maximillian Justn Flores) made his MTV debut striking gangsta poses in 50 Cent’s 2002 ”Wanksta,” his adorable mug and trademark tipped Kangol have appeared in clips by Nas, Angle Stone with Snoop Dogg, and Mase. So who’s his favorite rapper? ”50 Cent,” says the half-Puerto Rican, half-Mexican tyke. ”Cause he’s really good and nice.” A performer since age 2 1/2, when dad (and manager) J.R. Flores heard him reciting entire rap songs, the 40-pound Max$o rhymes, sings, dances, and even acts. Only thing this street Macaulay Culkin doesn’t do is take naps: He’s shot a movie (”Gas”) and will release a debut 14-song rap CD this fall. And while he’s not yet writing his own lyrics, his dad thinks he’s close – to which Max$o quips, ”Uh, I don’t know about that.” Pay heed, wankstas: That’s keepin’ it real.
Posted August 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- Hollywood responds to 'Last Tango in Paris' rape scene controversy
- Ezra Koenig gives John Lennon's 'Imagine' a 'Seinfeld'-themed makeover
- Morrissey cancels remaining tour dates
- 'Glee' cast reunites for Becca Tobin's wedding in sweet photos
- Emma Stone leads a very bad theatre showcase in 'SNL' sketch
- 'SNL' and Emma Stone give Christmas candles a holiday theme song
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big