Pimped-out Escalades, bubbling Cristal, and jigglin’ booties are so two years ago. The latest must-have hip-hop video prop is…a 6-year-old boy. Ever since Lil Max$o (born Maximillian Justn Flores) made his MTV debut striking gangsta poses in 50 Cent’s 2002 ”Wanksta,” his adorable mug and trademark tipped Kangol have appeared in clips by Nas, Angle Stone with Snoop Dogg, and Mase. So who’s his favorite rapper? ”50 Cent,” says the half-Puerto Rican, half-Mexican tyke. ”Cause he’s really good and nice.” A performer since age 2 1/2, when dad (and manager) J.R. Flores heard him reciting entire rap songs, the 40-pound Max$o rhymes, sings, dances, and even acts. Only thing this street Macaulay Culkin doesn’t do is take naps: He’s shot a movie (”Gas”) and will release a debut 14-song rap CD this fall. And while he’s not yet writing his own lyrics, his dad thinks he’s close – to which Max$o quips, ”Uh, I don’t know about that.” Pay heed, wankstas: That’s keepin’ it real.
Posted August 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lost F. Scott Fitzgerald story to be published after 76 years
- 'Walking Dead' cast on who would die first in a real zombie apocalypse
- 'Blacklist' casts 'X-Men' alum as new villain for season 3
- Drake vs. Meek Mill: Everything you need to know
- Music we loved this week: Robyn, Tink, Galantis and more
- What should Jon Stewart do next? Former 'Daily Show' correspondents offer advice
- The slasher film returns with a vengeance in 'Some Kind of Hate' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!