Pimped-out Escalades, bubbling Cristal, and jigglin’ booties are so two years ago. The latest must-have hip-hop video prop is…a 6-year-old boy. Ever since Lil Max$o (born Maximillian Justn Flores) made his MTV debut striking gangsta poses in 50 Cent’s 2002 ”Wanksta,” his adorable mug and trademark tipped Kangol have appeared in clips by Nas, Angle Stone with Snoop Dogg, and Mase. So who’s his favorite rapper? ”50 Cent,” says the half-Puerto Rican, half-Mexican tyke. ”Cause he’s really good and nice.” A performer since age 2 1/2, when dad (and manager) J.R. Flores heard him reciting entire rap songs, the 40-pound Max$o rhymes, sings, dances, and even acts. Only thing this street Macaulay Culkin doesn’t do is take naps: He’s shot a movie (”Gas”) and will release a debut 14-song rap CD this fall. And while he’s not yet writing his own lyrics, his dad thinks he’s close – to which Max$o quips, ”Uh, I don’t know about that.” Pay heed, wankstas: That’s keepin’ it real.
Posted August 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Judge halts order to return Kelly Rutherford's children to the U.S.
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Action Bronson removed from main stage of NXNE in wake of petition
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Lifetime's 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe' is hardly revealing
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!