Colin Farrell is Bobby, a wonderstruck 24-year-old virgin who comes to New York to visit his childhood friend (Dallas Roberts), only to be drawn into a complex emotional and erotic triangle. There are moments of fine acting, but the film never grounds its unorthodox relationships in a bedrock of dailiness.
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Colin Farrell, Robin Wright, Dallas Roberts, Matt Frewer, Sissy Spacek; Director: Michael Mayer; Author: Michael Cunningham; Release Date Wide: 07/23/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Independent Pictures
Posted August 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay won't direct Marvel film
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!