I see the network meeting now: ”We like the ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ dynamic, good ol’ boys fighting injustice, but we’re after something a little less…what’s the word? Right, racist.” Enter Knight Rider, in which a good ol’ boy who likes country music and cowboy boots drives a fancy car – one without the Confederate flag on the roof – and fights injustice. ”Knight Rider” is a relic from a simpler time, when audiences demanded less from their TV. Stunts! Cool. Talking Trans-Am! Neat. Not-so-vaguely autosexual relationship between Hasselhoff’s Michael Knight (who invariably only righted wrongs that happened to pretty girls) and his car, K.I.T.T. (who was perpetually peeved that Michael spent so much time with the ladies)! Um, okay. Goes to show that all it takes to mint nostalgia is a catchy theme song. EXTRAS Recent interviews with ”Knight Rider” ”experts,” commentary from the show’s star and creator, and the forgettable 1991 TV movie ”Knight Rider 2000” remind you how ridiculous, and yet simultaneously awesome, a show about an indestructible talking car could be.
Knight Rider: The Complete First Season I see the network meeting now: ''We like the 'Dukes of Hazzard' dynamic, good ol' boys fighting injustice, but we're after something a little less.....Knight Rider: The Complete First SeasonAction/AdventurePT1185MUnrated I see the network meeting now: ''We like the 'Dukes of Hazzard' dynamic, good ol' boys fighting injustice, but we're after something a little less.....2004-08-06
(Knight Rider: Photofest)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: David Hasselhoff; Runtime (in minutes): 1185; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted August 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- This is what the guy who voiced Arnold in 'Hey Arnold' looks like now
- 'Applesauce' cast talks sex and severed body parts
- James Gunn comments on Star-Lord dad rumors
- 'All My Children' and 'Bonanza' star David Canary dies at 77
- 'Martyrs' remake: Exclusive release details for Troian Bellisario-starring horror movie
- Box office preview: 'The Good Dinosaur,' 'Creed' enter the ring
- Mark Strong on his epic role in 'A View from the Bridge'