Though vampires have taken over the world, it’s not easy being undead in David Sosnowski’s Vamped. For suicidal Martin Kowalski, immortality’s just no fun when you have to warm up manufactured blood in a Mr. Plasma machine each morning. But his mood changes when he runs across a young human orphan. She plunges a knife into his belly and he finds a reason to live again (sort of). This darkly comic tale ventures precariously close to schmaltz (at one point, Kowalski refers to ”the guppy of my heart”), but provides intriguingly offbeat insights into the world of a vamp dad and his mortal daughter: Just imagine a bloodsucker’s particular struggle with his daughter’s first period.
Vamped Though vampires have taken over the world, it's not easy being undead in David Sosnowski's Vamped. For suicidal Martin Kowalski, immortality's...VampedFictionDavid Sosnowski Though vampires have taken over the world, it's not easy being undead in David Sosnowski's Vamped. For suicidal Martin Kowalski, immortality's...2004-08-06
Genre: Fiction; Author: David Sosnowski
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!