Tanya Donelly, once the flamethrower behind the alt-rock bands Throwing Muses and Belly, has grown older and learned the benefits of restraint. Where she once declaimed atop a fortification of amplified buzz, Donelly is now content to strum an acoustic guitar and work through relationship issues in a weary but never harried soprano. The low-key context of Whisky Tango Ghosts suits her well: On songs like ”Every Devil” and ”Butterfly Thing,” she reveals herself to be a more self-assured singer than even her most ardent fans could have guessed.
Lead Performer: Tanya Donelly; Producer (group): 4AD, Beggars Group
Posted August 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters