Pity poor Aaron Fincke. Having your dad write a book, Amp’d, about your aggrometal band may be the least rock & roll career move ever. Thankfully, his pop, a 54-year-old English prof, doesn’t fawn over his son, now the guitarist for Breaking Benjamin. Yes, the elder, asthmatic Gary Fincke dutifully drives hundreds of miles for concerts in tiny smoke-filled clubs, obsessively checks how many radio stations spin the group’s single, and scans message-board posts from female fans who want to sleep with Aaron. But even while watching like ”a spy from the country of fathers,” the starstruck dad curiously never shares his inner feelings about shuffling bandmates, his son’s out-of-wedlock baby, and other events along the ascent to rock quasi-stardom. Yet the stage-side chronicles about intra-band relationships and the transformative power of skull-crushing music are insightful enough to make a son proud.
Amp'd Pity poor Aaron Fincke. Having your dad write a book, Amp'd, about your aggrometal band may be the least rock & roll career move ever. ...Amp'dNonfictionGary Fincke Pity poor Aaron Fincke. Having your dad write a book, Amp'd, about your aggrometal band may be the least rock & roll career move ever. ...2004-08-13Michigan State University Press
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Gary Fincke; Publisher: Michigan State University Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Furious 7' breaks box office records in China
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!