M. Night Shyamalan’s latest ”Gotcha!” thriller, set in a 19th-century rural community, seems to be mapped from its ending backward. It’s well acted by Joaquin Phoenix and newcomer Bryce Dallas Howard, and technically impressive, but, with every moment directed and played to maximize a sense of portent, often eye-rollingly solemn.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adrien Brody, Bryce Dallas Howard, William Hurt, Joaquin Phoenix, Sigourney Weaver, Judy Greer; Director: M. Night Shyamalan; Author: M. Night Shyamalan; Release Date Wide: 07/30/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted August 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations
- 'NCIS' postmortem: Emily Wickersham reacts to Bishop's marriage troubles
- See the same-sex romance that was deleted from 'Love Actually'
- Kurt Cobain makes first Billboard chart appearance as solo artist
- Cynthia Robinson, Sly and the Family Stone co-founder, dies at 69
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Keke Palmer, and more hand jive in 'Grease: Live' First Look
- This is what the guy who voiced Arnold in 'Hey Arnold' looks like now