M. Night Shyamalan’s latest ”Gotcha!” thriller, set in a 19th-century rural community, seems to be mapped from its ending backward. It’s well acted by Joaquin Phoenix and newcomer Bryce Dallas Howard, and technically impressive, but, with every moment directed and played to maximize a sense of portent, often eye-rollingly solemn.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adrien Brody, Bryce Dallas Howard, William Hurt, Joaquin Phoenix, Sigourney Weaver, Judy Greer; Director: M. Night Shyamalan; Author: M. Night Shyamalan; Release Date Wide: 07/30/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted August 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!