M. Night Shyamalan’s latest ”Gotcha!” thriller, set in a 19th-century rural community, seems to be mapped from its ending backward. It’s well acted by Joaquin Phoenix and newcomer Bryce Dallas Howard, and technically impressive, but, with every moment directed and played to maximize a sense of portent, often eye-rollingly solemn.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adrien Brody, Bryce Dallas Howard, William Hurt, Joaquin Phoenix, Sigourney Weaver, Judy Greer; Director: M. Night Shyamalan; Author: M. Night Shyamalan; Release Date Wide: 07/30/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted August 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jimmy Kimmel makes peace with gamers after week-long feud
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- Jimmy Kimmel unveils new 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- Jason Sudeikis plays Drinko with Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show'
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!