M. Night Shyamalan’s latest ”Gotcha!” thriller, set in a 19th-century rural community, seems to be mapped from its ending backward. It’s well acted by Joaquin Phoenix and newcomer Bryce Dallas Howard, and technically impressive, but, with every moment directed and played to maximize a sense of portent, often eye-rollingly solemn.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adrien Brody, Bryce Dallas Howard, William Hurt, Joaquin Phoenix, Sigourney Weaver, Judy Greer; Director: M. Night Shyamalan; Author: M. Night Shyamalan; Release Date Wide: 07/30/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted August 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Arrow': New clues to Prometheus' identity revealed
- WATCH: Chinese 'Rogue One' trailer features 'spies, saboteurs, and assassins'
- 'Madiba' first look: See Laurence Fishburne as Nelson Mandela
- John Cena vows to crush 'SNL' cast (except one member)
- Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone got ceremonial imprints at Chinese Theatre
- Tom Hardy is getting a Leonardo DiCaprio-designed tattoo after losing a bet
- Ricki Lake shares adorable throwback 'Hairspray' photo with Divine
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot