M. Night Shyamalan’s latest ”Gotcha!” thriller, set in a 19th-century rural community, seems to be mapped from its ending backward. It’s well acted by Joaquin Phoenix and newcomer Bryce Dallas Howard, and technically impressive, but, with every moment directed and played to maximize a sense of portent, often eye-rollingly solemn.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Adrien Brody, Bryce Dallas Howard, William Hurt, Joaquin Phoenix, Sigourney Weaver, Judy Greer; Director: M. Night Shyamalan; Author: M. Night Shyamalan; Release Date Wide: 07/30/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 107; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted August 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?