The bespectacled singer’s latest, The Way It Really Is, starts off promisingly with ”Window Shopping,” an invitation to try on a relationship like a pair of Jimmy Choos: ”Take me home/The tags are on/It’s still a loan.” It’s deadpan clever in a Liz Phair way. Lisa Loeb tries on different metaphors elsewhere, like rubbernecking a romance wreck in ”Accident.” Her writing is stronger than ever, and the material is curiously light on its feet.
The Way It Really Is The bespectacled singer's latest, The Way It Really Is, starts off promisingly with ''Window Shopping,'' an invitation to try on a relationship...The Way It Really Is The bespectacled singer's latest, The Way It Really Is, starts off promisingly with ''Window Shopping,'' an invitation to try on a relationship...2004-08-13
Lead Performer: Lisa Loeb; Producer (group): Zoe
Posted August 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Graceland' first look: 'Entourage' alum Rhys Coiro debuts as new foil
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Thrones,' 'Extant,' 'Legends' and more
- 'Jurassic World': Watch Chris Pratt save a worker from three raptors
- Jamie xx remixes In Colour tracks
- Chris Brown and Jamie Foxx are just two men in love in 'You Changed Me' video
- 'Empire' to return Sept. 23
- Bumblebee in 'Transformers' spin-off?
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!