The bespectacled singer’s latest, The Way It Really Is, starts off promisingly with ”Window Shopping,” an invitation to try on a relationship like a pair of Jimmy Choos: ”Take me home/The tags are on/It’s still a loan.” It’s deadpan clever in a Liz Phair way. Lisa Loeb tries on different metaphors elsewhere, like rubbernecking a romance wreck in ”Accident.” Her writing is stronger than ever, and the material is curiously light on its feet.
The Way It Really Is The bespectacled singer's latest, The Way It Really Is, starts off promisingly with ''Window Shopping,'' an invitation to try on a relationship...The Way It Really Is The bespectacled singer's latest, The Way It Really Is, starts off promisingly with ''Window Shopping,'' an invitation to try on a relationship...2004-08-13
Lead Performer: Lisa Loeb; Producer (group): Zoe
Posted August 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!