Britney Spears, at the ripe old age of 22, has released four albums in the last five and a half years. By MTV standards, that makes her a grizzled veteran, so maybe it’s apt that her next release will be a greatest hits album. MTV News reports that, on Nov. 16, Spears will release a collection called ”Greatest Hits: My Prerogative.” As the title suggests, one of two new songs on the CD will be a cover of a golden oldie first recorded when Spears was 6: Bobby Brown’s ”My Prerogative.” Brown’s signature hit was a prescient rant aimed at a press that he felt wouldn’t let him make his own mistakes, a sentiment that the ”I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” singer can surely identify with. The single will hit radio on Sept. 14. Maybe Brown should return the favor and cover ”Oops, I Did It Again.”
(Britney Spears: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com)
Posted August 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See an exclusive preview of Leslie Stein's dreamy, gorgeous cartoons from 'Bright-Eyed at Midnight'
- Nicolas Cage talks 'The Runner,' explains why he's not 'a madman'
- Chief Keef releases new mixtape ahead of schedule
- Get your exclusive first look at 'Shadowhunters'
- Grace Potter dishes about her poppiest album yet
- Abbi Jacobson is a 'Dreamgirl' in new 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- Solve Agatha Christie mysteries with this simple formula
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!