Britney Spears, at the ripe old age of 22, has released four albums in the last five and a half years. By MTV standards, that makes her a grizzled veteran, so maybe it’s apt that her next release will be a greatest hits album. MTV News reports that, on Nov. 16, Spears will release a collection called ”Greatest Hits: My Prerogative.” As the title suggests, one of two new songs on the CD will be a cover of a golden oldie first recorded when Spears was 6: Bobby Brown’s ”My Prerogative.” Brown’s signature hit was a prescient rant aimed at a press that he felt wouldn’t let him make his own mistakes, a sentiment that the ”I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” singer can surely identify with. The single will hit radio on Sept. 14. Maybe Brown should return the favor and cover ”Oops, I Did It Again.”
(Britney Spears: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!