Just as he promised, Michael Moore will get ”Fahrenheit 9/11” into video stores well in time for Election Day. Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment announced Monday that it will release ”Fahrenheit” on DVD on Oct. 5, just 102 days after its theatrical release but nearly a month before the Nov. 2 election. The disc, which will retail for a suggested $28.95, will contain such extras as deleted footage (including sequences involving homeland security and Iraq’s Abu Ghraib prison), a featurette documenting the controversy leading up to ”Fahrenheit”’s release, footage of the movie’s gold-star mom Lila Lipscomb at the film’s Washington premiere, a featurette about Arab-American comedians in the aftermath of 9/11, and footage from the 9/11 commission hearings this past spring, including the testimony of national security adviser Condoleezza Rice and a press conference held by President Bush after his closed-door testimony. Of course, with the film’s video debut coming less than four months after its theatrical opening, it may still be playing in a few theaters. At this writing, according to Box Office Mojo, it’s still on 716 screens and has earned $115 million to date in America.
(Michael Moore: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Scrubs' stars Zach Braff, Donald Faison to appear on 'Undateable'
- Will Poulter cast as Pennywise in Cary Fukunaga's 'It'
- Jimmy Fallon and Blur sing 'Tender' and it's, well, tender
- Joss Whedon just quit Twitter again
- Barbara Crampton-starring horror movie 'We Are Still Here' to haunt cinemas June 5
- 'The Simpsons' renewed for two more seasons
- About that Green Bay Packers cameo in 'Pitch Perfect 2'...
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!