With the success this weekend of ”Alien vs. Predator,” the time is right for New Line’s proposed resurrection of two more movie monsters who won’t die, the ”Nightmare on Elm Street” series’ Freddy Krueger and the ”Friday the 13th” series’ Jason Voorhees. Having set up the two in last year’s battle-of-the-franchises ”Freddy vs. Jason,” the studio is now considering bringing in a third contender to fight these evil, undead killers: Ash, the chainsaw-handed, demon-fighting hero of the ”Evil Dead” trilogy. The movie would be called ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.” According to the Hollywood Reporter, New Line is negotiating with ”Spider-Man” director Sam Raimi, who created the character and directed the three ”Evil Dead” movies, for the rights to bring Ash into the story, with Bruce Campbell reprising his role from the trilogy. (Raimi would not direct, however, since he’s working on ”Spider-Man 3.”) Even if Ash doesn’t come aboard, though, New Line will still reanimate Freddy and Jason for a rematch, either against another adversary or just against each other. Hey, how about ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Alien vs. Predator?”
Posted August 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!