With the success this weekend of ”Alien vs. Predator,” the time is right for New Line’s proposed resurrection of two more movie monsters who won’t die, the ”Nightmare on Elm Street” series’ Freddy Krueger and the ”Friday the 13th” series’ Jason Voorhees. Having set up the two in last year’s battle-of-the-franchises ”Freddy vs. Jason,” the studio is now considering bringing in a third contender to fight these evil, undead killers: Ash, the chainsaw-handed, demon-fighting hero of the ”Evil Dead” trilogy. The movie would be called ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.” According to the Hollywood Reporter, New Line is negotiating with ”Spider-Man” director Sam Raimi, who created the character and directed the three ”Evil Dead” movies, for the rights to bring Ash into the story, with Bruce Campbell reprising his role from the trilogy. (Raimi would not direct, however, since he’s working on ”Spider-Man 3.”) Even if Ash doesn’t come aboard, though, New Line will still reanimate Freddy and Jason for a rematch, either against another adversary or just against each other. Hey, how about ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Alien vs. Predator?”
Posted August 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First look at Timothy Spall in and Colm Meany in 'The Journey'
- DJ Jazzy Jeff on possible reunion with Will Smith: 'The time is right on so many different levels'
- 'Tokyo Tribe' is the futuristic martial arts hip-hop musical you've been waiting for
- Beloved cat Lil Bub has a full album coming out
- See the cover art and track list for 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' soundtrack
- Donny Deutsch breaks down what's wrong with selfies for new USA series
- Meryl Streep says gender inequality in film criticism is ‘infuriating’