With the success this weekend of ”Alien vs. Predator,” the time is right for New Line’s proposed resurrection of two more movie monsters who won’t die, the ”Nightmare on Elm Street” series’ Freddy Krueger and the ”Friday the 13th” series’ Jason Voorhees. Having set up the two in last year’s battle-of-the-franchises ”Freddy vs. Jason,” the studio is now considering bringing in a third contender to fight these evil, undead killers: Ash, the chainsaw-handed, demon-fighting hero of the ”Evil Dead” trilogy. The movie would be called ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.” According to the Hollywood Reporter, New Line is negotiating with ”Spider-Man” director Sam Raimi, who created the character and directed the three ”Evil Dead” movies, for the rights to bring Ash into the story, with Bruce Campbell reprising his role from the trilogy. (Raimi would not direct, however, since he’s working on ”Spider-Man 3.”) Even if Ash doesn’t come aboard, though, New Line will still reanimate Freddy and Jason for a rematch, either against another adversary or just against each other. Hey, how about ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Alien vs. Predator?”
Posted August 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!