With the success this weekend of ”Alien vs. Predator,” the time is right for New Line’s proposed resurrection of two more movie monsters who won’t die, the ”Nightmare on Elm Street” series’ Freddy Krueger and the ”Friday the 13th” series’ Jason Voorhees. Having set up the two in last year’s battle-of-the-franchises ”Freddy vs. Jason,” the studio is now considering bringing in a third contender to fight these evil, undead killers: Ash, the chainsaw-handed, demon-fighting hero of the ”Evil Dead” trilogy. The movie would be called ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.” According to the Hollywood Reporter, New Line is negotiating with ”Spider-Man” director Sam Raimi, who created the character and directed the three ”Evil Dead” movies, for the rights to bring Ash into the story, with Bruce Campbell reprising his role from the trilogy. (Raimi would not direct, however, since he’s working on ”Spider-Man 3.”) Even if Ash doesn’t come aboard, though, New Line will still reanimate Freddy and Jason for a rematch, either against another adversary or just against each other. Hey, how about ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Alien vs. Predator?”
Posted August 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!