With the success this weekend of ”Alien vs. Predator,” the time is right for New Line’s proposed resurrection of two more movie monsters who won’t die, the ”Nightmare on Elm Street” series’ Freddy Krueger and the ”Friday the 13th” series’ Jason Voorhees. Having set up the two in last year’s battle-of-the-franchises ”Freddy vs. Jason,” the studio is now considering bringing in a third contender to fight these evil, undead killers: Ash, the chainsaw-handed, demon-fighting hero of the ”Evil Dead” trilogy. The movie would be called ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.” According to the Hollywood Reporter, New Line is negotiating with ”Spider-Man” director Sam Raimi, who created the character and directed the three ”Evil Dead” movies, for the rights to bring Ash into the story, with Bruce Campbell reprising his role from the trilogy. (Raimi would not direct, however, since he’s working on ”Spider-Man 3.”) Even if Ash doesn’t come aboard, though, New Line will still reanimate Freddy and Jason for a rematch, either against another adversary or just against each other. Hey, how about ”Freddy vs. Jason vs. Alien vs. Predator?”
Posted August 17 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!