Now all they need is a venue. As reported earlier, the six mini-tours that make up the Vote for Change slate of concerts in presidential battleground states will come together for an all-star finale in Miami. According to Billboard, the Oct. 10 show, at a yet-to-be-named arena, will feature Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, R.E.M., John Fogerty, Dave Matthews Band, Bright Eyes, Dixie Chicks, James Taylor, Ben Harper, Jurassic 5, My Morning Jacket, and Death Cab For Cutie. (Tickets to the VFC tours, which will crisscross the country for 10 days in October, go on sale Aug. 21.) Whether or not you agree with VFC’s political agenda – to vote President Bush out of office – anyone who can organize a concert lineup like that deserves a Cabinet-level post.
("Vote for Change" Tour: Danny Clinch/Vote for Change via Getty Images/NewsCom)
Posted August 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fixer Upper' stars surprise teacher with classroom makeover
- WATCH: A nun returns to her goth roots in 'Little Sister' trailer
- 'La La Land' director on the 'timeless glamour' of Gosling & Stone
- 'Willy Wonka' costars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Will Ryan Lochte get your vote on 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- 'Arrow' unveils new villain Prometheus in season 5 photos
- 'Doctor Who' star Karen Gillan cast in 'Jumanji'