Now all they need is a venue. As reported earlier, the six mini-tours that make up the Vote for Change slate of concerts in presidential battleground states will come together for an all-star finale in Miami. According to Billboard, the Oct. 10 show, at a yet-to-be-named arena, will feature Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, R.E.M., John Fogerty, Dave Matthews Band, Bright Eyes, Dixie Chicks, James Taylor, Ben Harper, Jurassic 5, My Morning Jacket, and Death Cab For Cutie. (Tickets to the VFC tours, which will crisscross the country for 10 days in October, go on sale Aug. 21.) Whether or not you agree with VFC’s political agenda – to vote President Bush out of office – anyone who can organize a concert lineup like that deserves a Cabinet-level post.
("Vote for Change" Tour: Danny Clinch/Vote for Change via Getty Images/NewsCom)
Posted August 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters