Now all they need is a venue. As reported earlier, the six mini-tours that make up the Vote for Change slate of concerts in presidential battleground states will come together for an all-star finale in Miami. According to Billboard, the Oct. 10 show, at a yet-to-be-named arena, will feature Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, R.E.M., John Fogerty, Dave Matthews Band, Bright Eyes, Dixie Chicks, James Taylor, Ben Harper, Jurassic 5, My Morning Jacket, and Death Cab For Cutie. (Tickets to the VFC tours, which will crisscross the country for 10 days in October, go on sale Aug. 21.) Whether or not you agree with VFC’s political agenda – to vote President Bush out of office – anyone who can organize a concert lineup like that deserves a Cabinet-level post.
("Vote for Change" Tour: Danny Clinch/Vote for Change via Getty Images/NewsCom)
Posted August 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': The director's identity revealed?
- 'This Is Us' creator Dan Fogelman on that gut-punch ending
- 'Scream Queens': John Stamos on that 'pretty awkward' shower scene
- 'This Is Us': Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia on episode 2's twist
- Sia uses her song 'The Greatest' to endorse Hillary Clinton
- Ryan Lochte's 'Dancing With the Stars' protestors charged
- Solange Knowles to release new album on Friday