Now all they need is a venue. As reported earlier, the six mini-tours that make up the Vote for Change slate of concerts in presidential battleground states will come together for an all-star finale in Miami. According to Billboard, the Oct. 10 show, at a yet-to-be-named arena, will feature Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, R.E.M., John Fogerty, Dave Matthews Band, Bright Eyes, Dixie Chicks, James Taylor, Ben Harper, Jurassic 5, My Morning Jacket, and Death Cab For Cutie. (Tickets to the VFC tours, which will crisscross the country for 10 days in October, go on sale Aug. 21.) Whether or not you agree with VFC’s political agenda – to vote President Bush out of office – anyone who can organize a concert lineup like that deserves a Cabinet-level post.
("Vote for Change" Tour: Danny Clinch/Vote for Change via Getty Images/NewsCom)
Posted August 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing