Just because Joan Rivers won’t be terrorizing celebs on the red carpet this Emmy season doesn’t mean she’s not busy. She’s got a guest spot coming up on – where else? – F/X’s ”Nip/Tuck.” The septuagenarian plastic surgery enthusiast will play herself on the season finale of the cable drama on Oct. 5, the Associated Press reports. On the episode, Rivers requires a procedure so ”unusual” (in the words of the show’s publicist) that she evades the media glare and flies to Miami to have the plastic surgeons played by Julian McMahon and Dylan Walsh perform the operation. (In real life, Rivers inadvertently stepped out of the spotlight by leaving E! this summer to cover red-carpet events for the TV Guide Channel, only to learn that E! still owns exclusive cable rights to cover the celebrity arrivals at September’s Emmys.) F/X publicist Scott Seomin wouldn’t spoil the show by revealing the nature of the surgery, saying only, ”It’s definitely not something she’s had done before.” Hmm, that doesn’t leave much.
(Joan Rivers: Jennifer Graylock/AP)
Posted August 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mel Gibson: 'Passion of the Christ' sequel would focus on the resurrection
- 'SNL': Simone Biles pleads for Final Five to host
- 'Greenleaf' finale: Star Merle Dandridge spills season secrets
- Chris Brown already has new song a day after his arrest
- Disney's Tower of Terror ride gets January checkout date
- Rep. John Lewis crowd surfs in 'Late Show' appearance
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall